1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Smugmug and LR users: help with image size

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WT21, Feb 17, 2013.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Suddenly all my uploads to Smugmug are coming up as "originals" at only 800X600. These are 12MP files on LR, yet when I load them into a Smugmug gallery through the LR plugin and then sync, they all hit Smugmug at 800X600 in "original" size.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Anyone seen this problem before?

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Looks like the plug-in does an auto-resize. Try dragging 'em over from your computer to the Smugmug upload window or look for a way to turn-off 'auto re-size'.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Thanks Gary. The odd thing is that I've used the plug-in nearly exclusively, and some of my older galleries have full-res pics, so I must have changed something.

One thing I just thought of and am trying -- I marked it to "allow printing." Maybe they change the res for allowing printing? Republishing now, and I'll see if that changes anything.

4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    One setting I have not played with is he "largest size" setting on the gallery settings page. Not sure it is limits upload, limits view.

Those exporter also save setting, could you have changed something to test it out and not reset it? I do that every now and then on the resolution.

5. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

I am not sure if this is the case, but my G+ does kind of the same thing. I could upload in full res at the beginning, but once I reached around 70% of the total allowed storage capacity, G+ automatically changed all my later uploads to about 2000 pixels instead of 4k. Test it out with the upload windows and see if the 800x600 still occurs

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I actually heard back from Smugmug support! (or Smugmug Heroes as they call them).

I needed to go into "publishing manager" and somehow I had selected a lower res out. I access pub mgr by right-clicking on the smugmug Publishing Service on the left hand pane while in library mode. I don't remember going here before, but I must have at some point. Any rate, seems to have been the issue.

Thanks everyone, for taking the time to reply.

7. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Yes it remembers and saved it, even if we don't. Happens when you get old, I know the feeling. :wink: