SMC pentax-A on EM5 ii

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by captain qwark, Mar 10, 2016.

1. captain qwark

captain qwark New to Mu-43

Mar 10, 2016
    hi there folks

greetings from lovely Toulouse,France. My father just gave me his old pentax lenses :
    - a SMC pentax-A 50mm 1.7
    -a SMC pentax-A 135 2.8

I can't seem to find a post leading to the right adaptor for theses bad boys with my EM5 mk2. Can you please help me out? I'm quite new to photography and especially with legacy lenses.
    Any opinions with these 2 ?

much obliged...

2. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
  3. bremner

bremner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2016
  4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Those should just be regular manual Pentax PK lenses. Any Pentax K (also called PK) to m4/3 adapter should work great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. metaphorce

metaphorce Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 4, 2016
    I'm using a Fotasy Pentax Kmount adapter, works fine. I have the 50mm f1.7, and it's quite sharp, rather contrasty, and tends to be a little cool in color.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

6. Madmic

Madmic New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2016
    Adaptation is not a problem as the PK (a->AF2) mount has the same optical design as M42 (a direct M42 to PK ring exists since PK mount exists) + backward compatibility between mounts without adapter (PK <-> PKa <-> Pka2).

On M43, all PK lenses are considered as manual lenses. (PK lenses are also compatible with 4/3 cameras)

as reminder :

PK -> Fully manual
    PKa -> Manual focus, Aperture <-> body
    PKF -> 1st AF lens (only 1 lens available : SMC Pentax AF 35-70/2.8) , rare, expensive, due to design and size, not sure it fits an MFT body (batteries and motor inside the lens)
    PKAF -> AF
    PKAF2 -> improved version of PKAF (electrical zooming, more information sent to body, 2 more contacts, ...) -> mount used since Z/ZP series, still in use.
    PKA2 -> simplified version of PKAF2 without AF.