Smartphone app for EM-1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mcasan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Anyone using the app on their iPhone or iPad to remote control their camera or collect geo tagging info for camera?

2. db96

db96 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Just using it today. Nice to be able to hand off my iphone to someone to look at photos. I ran the geotagging too, which is an awesome feature that I look forward to using when traveling. It synced up right away with my iphone, but I am having some problems with my ipad.

3. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    So far, I have only used my I phone to take pictures with the EM-1

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    When I got the E-M1, I was a tad excited that it has wireless control, until I found out that it only worked on iOS or Android phones, neither of which I have. I was hoping that I could connect to my Windows tablet and have large screen control, but as always, if you use Windows, you're relegated to the leper colony.

5. nagual

nagual Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2012
    Toronto
    It works pretty good with one minor exception - exposure compensation slider (not easily accessible every time it touched)

6. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta

Regarding Windows, to borrow a line from a gospel song in the movie The Color Purple...."Maybe God is Trying to Tell You Something". :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  7. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I don't care what Jobs/Cook or Page/Brin are saying, I'm of a different religious bent.

8. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    Well said :) 

9. Also appropriate for today, if you wireless sync your E-M1 or 10, it will reset your time for the time change.

• Like Like x 1
  10. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    Harvey, awesome heads-up. Checked my camera - had just transferred an image - and, sure enough, the time had been reset! Very cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.