1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Smartphone app for EM-1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mcasan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Anyone using the app on their iPhone or iPad to remote control their camera or collect geo tagging info for camera?

2. db96

db96 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Just using it today. Nice to be able to hand off my iphone to someone to look at photos. I ran the geotagging too, which is an awesome feature that I look forward to using when traveling. It synced up right away with my iphone, but I am having some problems with my ipad.

3. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    So far, I have only used my I phone to take pictures with the EM-1

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    When I got the E-M1, I was a tad excited that it has wireless control, until I found out that it only worked on iOS or Android phones, neither of which I have. I was hoping that I could connect to my Windows tablet and have large screen control, but as always, if you use Windows, you're relegated to the leper colony.

5. nagual

nagual Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2012
    Toronto
    It works pretty good with one minor exception - exposure compensation slider (not easily accessible every time it touched)

6. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta

Regarding Windows, to borrow a line from a gospel song in the movie The Color Purple...."Maybe God is Trying to Tell You Something". :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  7. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I don't care what Jobs/Cook or Page/Brin are saying, I'm of a different religious bent.

8. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    Well said :)

9. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    Also appropriate for today, if you wireless sync your E-M1 or 10, it will reset your time for the time change.

• Like Like x 1
  10. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    Harvey, awesome heads-up. Checked my camera - had just transferred an image - and, sure enough, the time had been reset! Very cool.