1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Smallest bag

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by oxhouser, Aug 21, 2013.

1. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    Going on my hols soon and I want a small bag or case for my epm1, my normal lens is a panasonic 14 mm so the two combined make for a small package
    Ideally I would like a case that fits the camera with the EVF fitted, either a very compact case that fits just the above or one that also handles an extra lens
    Ideally it does not scream expensive camera equipment and will protect the kit from knocks and weather
    Any suggestions?

2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Think Tank MM10. It's tiny, well made and can hold an extra lens plus accessories.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

3. kadamnation

kadamnation Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Not sure how it compares in size to the MM10, but the Think Tank Retrospective 5 is also a great bag—very small and compact, but I was able to cram in a telephoto zoom, GX1, pancake 20mm and mid-range manual when I was traveling in India, with room for a notepad and a thing of sunblock and definitely didn't scream camera (too small for a DSLR). Think Tank makes great bags, you can't go wrong.

4. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

I too use the Retrospective 5 and my E-P3 fitted with VF-4 and small prime or zoom fit perfectly, with extra room for another lens or two and a few nicknacks. It's a really well made bag but is so small it treads dangerously close to purse/murse territory. If you get the "Pinestone" color you can claim it as an old ammo bag and keep manhood intact. I attached a beer bottle opener to the strap and stuck Lucky Strikes in the side pocket to man it up a bit more.:biggrin:

5. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    Thanks for all the suggestions, to be honest i was looking for something even smaller, more a day bag for want of a better description, i have a Tarmac and Kilamanjaro bag that hold most of my kit but find it too bulky to use when all i want is a camera just in case
    yes i could just take the camera but i always find i miss a lens or other bit of kit and i dont like the EVF getting knocked around as it hangs from the strap
    perfect for me is the epm1 with EVF3 fitted, usually its got the pany 14mm on but i like to have the Oly 45 or lensbaby with me if something comes along with potential, all the other gubins i can keep back at the hotel room in the bigger bag.

the olympus slim medium case would be perfect other than it wont fit the camera with the evf fitted.
    have ordered a small case and will post up details once i know what fits in it.

6. rkris

rkris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    I have also been looking for a daybag for my Ep-5 kit. I have a Think Tank Retro 7 for my dslr, but it is too big for the Olympus kit. I recently ordered an Ona Bowery which should be here tomorrow.

7. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    oxhouser, I use a small Tamrac 3440 for E-M5 with lens mounted + one other lens. It is tight, but fits. I would think the E-PM1 + EV3 would work.

It's $35 on Amazon.

410hqdLzfaL.

61QQ0dapzcL.

8. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  9. Capt T

Capt T Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2010
    The think tank stuff it

Stuff It!

I can fit my e-pm 1 kit lens and vf2 in it. Have not tried it with the vf2 attached. Can try it later if you want.

10. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    That's more like it, similar to what I have ordered, hopefully it works out or I will just add it to my growing collection of bags

11. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    LowePro Dashpoint 20 holds my PM2 + 14mm as if it were designed to hold it. Nothing smaller will work I don't think. No room for the EVF, however. You can manage to stuff a flash in but not while attached.

12. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    The cheapest one I use right now is this... I like it a lot.

Amazon Basic's bag... for $10 you get a very good quality bag.
    http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...d=1377236902&sr=8-5&keywords=amazon+basic+bag

I used to put my E-PM2 + VF3 + 17mm f/1.8 attached and then the 45mm f/1.8 as an extra lens. I have space for memory cards and spare battery.

I was also able to put the E-P5 + 17mm f/1.8 + VF3 and 45mm f/1.8 in there.

Right now I am using it as a transport case for the Fuji X-E1 + 18-55mm that I put inside my ordinary backpack.

13. afrat

afrat Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Thank you so much for posting this! This is exactly what I was looking for to carry my G5 around on a trip I'm taking, and it even has loops for a belt. This will be my fanny pack.

Just need to paint out that Amazon logo though.

14. monk3y

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Welcome :biggrin:

For reference:

Here it is together with the Lowepro S&F Pouch 100 and Thinktank Lens Changer 75 Pop Down V2.0. It's the one on the left most side with the Amazon zipper tag:biggrin:

p1873008574-5.

Attached Files:

15. afrat

afrat Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the reference shot. Now do one with a quarter in there so I can see how big it really is.

:smile:

16. monk3y

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    haha no quarter here... I just took a photo of the bag again, now with the GF2 + 14mm f/2.5 in there

p1734697137-5.

and the exterior...
    p1867658280-5.

17. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    That white GF2 is kinda hot.

18. afrat

afrat Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Thanks again! Looks like this will be perfect for what I need!

Out of curiosity, where are you that's it's light outside right now?

19. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I have the Dashpoint 20 as well for my GX1 and 14mm, it really is like a custom-made fit.

20. monk3y

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    it is hot, I took that shot with an underwater camera... just a quick snap to show afrat :redface:

haha I'm in Japan :biggrin: