Smallest bag for Panasonic GM5 + kit lens?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sabesh, Feb 16, 2015.

1. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Hello,

I'm looking for the smallest bag for a Panasonic GM5 + kit lens. My Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5 is too big.

Thx for any suggestions.

2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

4. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
    you may also check the lowepro camera puches e.g. dashpoint series, etc. as they come in various sizes. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Thx!

6. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Like Turbofrog, I have a NatGeo pouch: Africa series A1212. Roughly same size. Originally bought it for my X100, but GM5 and 12-32 fits easily. Front pocket for extra battery and card. Good quality.

• Like Like x 1
  7. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Anything sold as a camera bag will have a bunch of padding, which makes the bag bigger and which you probably do not need. Check out the "tactical" bags and pouches. They are typically quite heavy nylon, enough that I typically will put a layer of closed-cell foam in the bottom of the bag and call it good. Several of the clips, like the Maxpedition TacTie, sold to attach the pouches to PALS/MOLLE type webbing can also be used as belt loops.
    LA Police Gear has a good selection though I find their web site a little hard to navigate. Try http://www.lapolicegear.com/mollegear.html they have all the name brands plus some cheaper house-brand and Condor products. I have found both of those to be decent quality for the money.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Why a bag? How about an Op-Tech camera pouch? They wrap around your camera and lens and provide protection from bumps and weather.
    http://optechusa.com/soft-pouch-digital-d-series.html

I used one for my Olympus PL5 and clipped it to the strap so when I unwrapped it, I just let it dangle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Domke F5c? or something like that is small but still maybe too big for what you want, Lowepro Terracline 50 is nice and small I can fit an EPM2 with Panasonic 12-32 in there quite well. The Lowepro is however discontinued so you may have to search for one, I have considered getting a couple more as useful pouches for odd bits in non camera bags.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.