Smallest bag for Panasonic GM5 + kit lens?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sabesh, Feb 16, 2015.

1. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

I'm looking for the smallest bag for a Panasonic GM5 + kit lens. My Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5 is too big.

Thx for any suggestions.
  2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

4. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
    you may also check the lowepro camera puches e.g. dashpoint series, etc. as they come in various sizes. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

6. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Like Turbofrog, I have a NatGeo pouch: Africa series A1212. Roughly same size. Originally bought it for my X100, but GM5 and 12-32 fits easily. Front pocket for extra battery and card. Good quality.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    Anything sold as a camera bag will have a bunch of padding, which makes the bag bigger and which you probably do not need. Check out the "tactical" bags and pouches. They are typically quite heavy nylon, enough that I typically will put a layer of closed-cell foam in the bottom of the bag and call it good. Several of the clips, like the Maxpedition TacTie, sold to attach the pouches to PALS/MOLLE type webbing can also be used as belt loops.
    LA Police Gear has a good selection though I find their web site a little hard to navigate. Try they have all the name brands plus some cheaper house-brand and Condor products. I have found both of those to be decent quality for the money.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Why a bag? How about an Op-Tech camera pouch? They wrap around your camera and lens and provide protection from bumps and weather.

I used one for my Olympus PL5 and clipped it to the strap so when I unwrapped it, I just let it dangle.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Domke F5c? or something like that is small but still maybe too big for what you want, Lowepro Terracline 50 is nice and small I can fit an EPM2 with Panasonic 12-32 in there quite well. The Lowepro is however discontinued so you may have to search for one, I have considered getting a couple more as useful pouches for odd bits in non camera bags.
    • Like Like x 1