Smallest adapted lenses WITH MOUNT

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There are definitely some small :43: lenses (as the standard is designed to provide), but what about small adapted lenses? A quick search of "pancake lens" on Ebay provides numerous thin primes (e.g., Nikon 50mm/f1.8, Minolta 45/f2.0) on their native mounts. However, the appropriate :43: adapters for many of these are 3/4" deep. So, let's see your thin when mounted adapted lenses. I'm guessing most truly thin packages will come from legacy rangefinder lines. Obviously, most will be primes, but small zooms would be interesting, too.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
name0014.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Voigtlander 21mm, f/4 Color-Skopar, 38mm from the rear face of the adapter to the front of the lens hood, 33mm if you remove the lens hood. Probably not the smallest, but a neat fit non the less.

The 15mm, 25mm, 35mm and 50mm are only 1 or 2 mm longer

Barrie

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Voigtlander 21mm, f/4 Color-Skopar, 38mm from the rear face of the adapter to the front of the lens hood, 33mm if you remove the lens hood. Probably not the smallest, but a neat fit non the less.

The 15mm, 25mm, 35mm and 50mm are only 1 or 2 mm longer
Very nice! Great set of lenses you have.

michaelfinch

Mu-43 Regular
I've used an Olympus 50mm macro on my GF1 but the results are pretty hit and miss. I also have three Voigtlander lenses for my Bessa: 15mm, 35mm and 90mm. You seem to get good results from your Voigtlander lenses - which adapter do you use? Advice appreciated.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
I've used an Olympus 50mm macro on my GF1 but the results are pretty hit and miss. I also have three Voigtlander lenses for my Bessa: 15mm, 35mm and 90mm. You seem to get good results from your Voigtlander lenses - which adapter do you use? Advice appreciated.

I've got 2 LTM to :43: adapters, 1 from Hong Kong, I think this thread shows the link, but don't know if it will still work https://www.mu-43.com/f40/ltm-m43-adapter-3791/, the other was from Germany. The latter was 3 times the price, paradoxically the former was slightly heavier. They both seem to function well. I can't locate a link to the German one at the moment.

Barrie

angloasturian

Mu-43 Veteran
CV 25mm, CV 50mm and CV 50mm special edition on my E-PL1 (yes, I've put some rubber seals on the barrel so it doesn't collapse too far). I also have a CV 35mm - but no photo. They look better on the E-PL1 than on my E-P1 because the adaptor is black - my E-P1 is silver.

michaelfinch

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks, Barrie. Mine is German. And I can't find the link - but I seem to recall it came from a shop/onliner called Love Your Camera or similar. As soon as I get the chance I'll try the Olympus again and post some results if they work out. In the past I've had bits and pieces from SRB in UK but they didn't have adaptors at the time I purchased mine. I think they now have them.
A footnote about MFT: I've been commissioned to produce some photo panels for a local primary school. Lots of shots of kids at work and play, montaged to 60cm x 1500cm. I went through the proofs with the head-teacher today and the quality (from the GF1 with careful processing) is wonderful. The individual pix are around 20cm x 30cm 'though I've taken some up to 60cm wide with no probs.
Cheers
Michael

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Pentax Auto-110 18mm
g1pxauto11018mm600.jpg

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yep. By far it's the Pentax 110 18mm. Here's it on an E-P1.

Attachments

• littlelens.jpg
    littlelens.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 198

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
CV 25mm, CV 50mm and CV 50mm special edition on my E-PL1 (yes, I've put some rubber seals on the barrel so it doesn't collapse too far). I also have a CV 35mm - but no photo. They look better on the E-PL1 than on my E-P1 because the adaptor is black - my E-P1 is silver.
2545d1289502923t-smallest-adapted-lenses-mount-e-pl1-lens-1.jpg
That looks amazingly like a Canon G9-G12! I mean that in a good way! :thumbup:

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I was going to say that the smallest is probably going to be some Leica mount, either LTM or M, if only because the flange distance is so similar. Every other adapter has to hold the lens at the correct distance from the sensor.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
I was going to say that the smallest is probably going to be some Leica mount, either LTM or M, if only because the flange distance is so similar. Every other adapter has to hold the lens at the correct distance from the sensor.

The LTM adapter is thin compared to many adapters but is still about a CM thick. The C mount adapters actually go into the body since the registration distance is smaller. Hmm... maybe a small lens like a super comat in a C mount adapter is actually smaller than the Pentax 110 18mm. I'll take a look tonight.

Latest threads

Top Bottom