1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Smaller than F5XB??

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tm3, Mar 3, 2015.

1. tm3

tm3 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    After reading through a lot of threads it seems that the F5XB is probably going to be closest to what I want but figured I would ask anyway.

I'd like to find a small bag to fit only the EM5 with a prime lens, and an extra battery. Prefer a flap with no zipper, and a color other than black ie something like the Domke with less of a camera bag "look."

Anything come to mind? Thanks

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Two easy options:
    Domke F5XA - it has the a flap but does also have the zipper
    Domke F-9 - flap and no zipper

3. tm3

tm3 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    Thanks David I will give those a look

4. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Think Tank mirrorless mover 10 might be the smallest to fit your kit. However, it's a zippered design.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I think "small with a flap" will look like a camera bag. The Domkes are what I have precisely because they look less like a camera bag than many others. You can remove the Domke label if you carefully cut the stitches. It doesn't look great, because it leaves the thread wholes behind, but it really gets the bag away from the "camera bag look"

Something like this (found from Google search. Not my image) http://home.comcast.net/~sirmyt/boards/bags.jpg

6. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Take a look at the Billingham Hadley Digital. Opens quickly, no zips, holds any mft body with lens, and a few extras (battery, cards, cloths, lens pen ...). May hold a second small lens. I like mine a lot: well made, easy to use.

7. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
  8. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    The mm5 might work, depending upon the lens size.

Barry

9. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Since you're only carrying the camera with one lens, maybe a holster type bag would be sufficient? Sorry, no specific recommendations.