1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Smaller Format Fisheye?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by tjdean01, Jan 21, 2015.

1. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    I was wondering if there'd be a way to get a 180 angle of view fisheye that doesn't have a petal hood or anything that would produce a small enough image circle as to not cover the whole m43s sensor. Then we could take panoramas in one image!

photography-fisheye_00320262.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You mean a circular fisheye? The only one that manages completely to fit in a m4/3 sensor area that I can find is the Sigma 4.5mm f/3.5. There's a Lensbaby one supposedly available in m4/3 mount but I think it extends past the m4/3 sensor area.

Somebody has tried the Sigma 4.5mm f/3.5: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/39998091 You'll have to adapt though - Nikon mount to have aperture control.

3. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean, circular fisheye lenses exist... however they don't extend to the corners of the frame as above, they mechanically vignette to black on the edges...

The picture above is far more than the 185 degrees that can be captured in a single picture, it's likely to have been made by stitching images.

4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A circular fish eye matches the description textual description given by the OP, but yes, that little planet cannot have been made by a single exposure.

5. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Sorry, I made that post on my phone. It was something I envisioned, looked it up online, and there it was. Lol. I initially thought of what would happen if you were to put a NEX fisheye on an A7. Anyway, it would be cool if there were a cheap C-mount "circular fisheye" I could buy. Something with decent sharpness but low-price, for fun, mainly.

And sorry about the photo not being exactly what I meant. I'll try to replace it with something better. This, perhaps?

ftest5.