1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Small swivel flash for omd?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by FlyPenFly, Aug 10, 2012.

1. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Does anyone make a compact swivel or just tilt up flash that isn't too large beside Olympus? It doesn't have to TTL.

2. Photodan1

Photodan1 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Dan
    Generally, the very small flashes won't swivel because their power level is kind of low for bounce type flash. Also, most flashes that do offer bounce will bounce upward from a horizontal but not offer swivel. Usually you have to have a little bit larger flash (I use a Metz AF 50) for both bounce and swivel. Both Olympus and Panasonic make models that will bounce and swivel.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    What do you consider compact? The FL-600R is right up my alley for a compact, full-featured flash.

4. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Jeremy
    I plan to get the 600R, but it doesn't look very compact in regards to the size of the OM-D. Looks about as large as a canon 430 EX or SB700 from Nikon - not that small IMO.

5. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    The Fl-600r is really a great flash. I use it quite often in my work, and it works great with my Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere. I have three of the Gary Fong Lightsperes, and I do have to improvise in order to get two of them to fit, but they do work quite well. As for as its size, it fits very well on top of my EM-5 as well as my Stroboframe Pro T grip.

6. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Post some pics of combos of body and flash?

7. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    If you really are not looking for something that "pro" as the 600r (which I love) why not the 300r? Nice features and price. (never used one btw)

8. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Jeremy
    I think (from what I read) this flash only tilts, not swivel.

Edit -- aaaaannnd I just noticed OP was open to just tilt ;)

9. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012