Small Filter Pouch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Adstars, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Adstars

Adstars Mu-43 Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    OK, so I recently purchased a number of filters from B+W. 58mm to fit my shiny new P12-35 and 35-100 f2.8.

Now I have no problem with the filters, superb quality, but I have an issue with the filter cases. Four filters stored in cases can take the space in my thinktank retro 5 that I could have used for an additional lens (my P25mm f1.4).

I am looking for a good quality filter case/pouch that I could place all these filters in and then store in the front pocket of the Retro 5.

Any suggestions?

I think I have G.A.S.

2. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Filter pouches don't save all that much space. They lack the protection of the original cases and the case's ability to maintain cleanliness of the filters. Consider a larger bag, such as a Retro 7 or so.

3. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    I assume they are still available but I'm using a screw on top and bottom cap with all the filters "stacked" (I.e. screwed together) in between from my film days just adds a couple mm over the filters 3 filers is approx 20mm and they don't rattle around.

4. Adstars

Adstars Mu-43 Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    Sounds interesting, could you perhaps link me to an example so I can see what I should be looking for.

I already have a retro 7 (use it to carry all my m43 gear when I go travelling). I wanted a case/pouch solution for when I take the retro 5 (ie when walking the dog). I can fit them in the front pocket but they rattle about.

5. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
  6. Adstars

Adstars Mu-43 Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    Looks perfect, one final question, Does the Adorama Slinger Filter Pouch hold three filters with the stack caps attached?

7. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    I don't own both. The pouch has three individual slots so I don't think you could stack three filters and still fit them into the pouch. Perhaps the dividers can be removed? Not sure.

8. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

After a brief affair with cheap filters I went exclusively B+W and stayed with then.

I'm not sure how much space there is in that front pocket, but why don't you get a B+W filter wallet to match your filters! They go for about £12 in the UK so probably sub-$20. They make a 6-filter and 4-filter one, padded with decent protection for your filters. Just google "B+W filter wallet". The models are B6 and B4 I think.

For now I still use the B+W plastic boxes they came with but I only have four 58mm ones so one more and I'm getting a wallet :)

9. markl9

markl9 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2012
  10. stevenmh

stevenmh Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 30, 2012
  11. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    I devised a solution last week that works for my three 58mm filters using a pouch made for Shure headphones that I happened to have on hand. Three small microfiber clothes that happened to have been laying around unused completed it. Each filter gets wrapped once in a cloth. All three fit into the zippered pouch and can be independently accessed and put back. Pulling a filter out, it's as though it gets a cleaning before being mounted to the lens. The Shure pouch has a clip, but the filled pouch is sufficiently thin to fit into my camera bag where it will be safer.

Amazon.com: Shure EASCASE Soft Zippered Pouch for All Shure Earphones (Black): Electronics

Shure makes a similarly sized hard shell zip case as well, but it zips too far around for my liking. The filters in the soft version are more contained from accidentally falling out.

Amazon.com: Shure EAHCASE Fine Weave Hard Pouch for Shure Earphones - Black: Musical Instruments