1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Small camera / tablet backpack?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Rawfa, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Rawfa

Rawfa Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2009
    Hi guys,

I´m looking for a backpack that is not too big that may acomodate some photography equipment, a 7" tablet and some personal items (keys, cellphone, wallet, etc). So far the only one that I really like is the Lowepro fastpack 150 AW (the 100 AW cannot fit the tablet and the 200 AW is a bit bigger than I´d like).

These are the things I´ll probably be taking on the backpack:
    - NEX5 (nex-5N soon, I hope)
    - 16mm 2.8 pancake
    - CCTV 35mm f1.7
    - Sigma 70-300mm macro.
    - 2 batts
    - 1 charger
    - About 3 SD cardas
    - A 7 inch tablet

It would be nice if I could also fit on it a gorilla pod, my wallet, keys, a small headphone and my cellphone. But like I said I don´t really want a big backpack though.

What other options do I have other than the Lowepro fastpack 150 AW ?

2. Rawfa

Rawfa Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2009
    For anyone who has the same dilemma, I ended up getting the Kata 3n1-11. It is THE perfect bag for me. It is small enough, it has a lateral compartment for a bunch of NEX batts, another lateral one for a bunch a microphone and some other stuff, a main bottom compartment for the NEX camera with the zoom kit plus more 4 spots for different lenses (I take the 16mm 2.8, the kit lens, the 23mm 1.7). It has an upper compartment where you can place keys, cables, a cellphone, a walled, glasses, papers, etc. An lastly it has a dedicated padded compartment for a tablet up to 10 inches! It also comes with water resistant protective cape.

I took this baby on a trip to Buenos Aires (4 days walking around the city) and I can say it´s an awesome super comfortable bag.

3. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Good backpack. I've had a Kata 3N1-20 for years from when we used to tote around a Canon DSLR and a few lenses. Very comfortable and easy to configure however you like it, since you can make it a backpack, a slingpack, a cross ("X") sling, and perhaps most rare of all, a left handed sling.

I still have it actually, though it's mainly become the storage home of my m43 gear. Perhaps it's time to clean house and put it up for sale...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.