1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Small Camera Bag for Your E-M5 or E-M10

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by CWRailman, Jun 8, 2015.

1. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Olympus Camera Bag 001a. Olympus Camera Bag 003a. Unless I am going out on a specifically designated photographic excursion and someone else is acting as pack mule, I do not like carrying camera bags. That is one of the reasons I do not own a bunch of fixed focal length lenses better know by some as Primes. However, I do appreciate having my camera along for all of my bicycle or motorcycle outings no matter how short they may be. As a result I am always on the lookout for small camera bags that can fit onto my belt. Especially those that do not necessitate me wearing a WIDE LOAD sign on my rear. Here is a small bag great for carrying your E-M5 or E-M10 and has a nice wide belt loop. Yes, it does say Pentax on it because I purchased mine originally to carry my Q7 however I found it just a tad larger than necessary for that camera but!! AH HA!! My new E-M10 with the 14-42MM zoom fits perfectly. And there’s even room for the added length to accommodate the lens mounted polarizer filter and my rubber ducky lens hood when they arrive. Sadly, the camera and 40-150 zoom will not fit but you can throw in an additional battery or two and or media card. If this at all interests you I found a seller currently offering the same bag on Ebay for a sensible price, which is always one of my considerations. Pentax logo not available. ( I forgot to include the images when I first posted this message. SORRY)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281688395788?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MrQ

MrQ Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2015
    Canada
    I'm looking for something exactly like this, but unfortunately the seller doesn't ship to Canada. I wouldn't mind the Pentax branded one either, where can I get that one?

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    If you don't mind spending a bit more, the Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10 is perfect for this job.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

4. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Those are nice looking bags but unless you have some source that is selling them, a search for that bag showed that new ones are selling for about 8 times as much.

5. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Did you ask the seller about shipping to Canada, sometimes they just go with the default listing which excludes shipping outside the US. I checked and the International seller that I got my Pentax bag from does not have any more listed. If I find another listing I will let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    • Like Like x 1
  7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Ooops, sorry. It's been quite a while since I bought mine, so I'd forgotten about the price ... and I typed that post before I had my morning coffee. :shakehead:

8. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    That is a GREAT looking durable bag and thanks for the input. I checked out prices on them at several different sites.

Though I have the bag I originally showed at the beginning of this thread, I am always on the look out for bags in which the camera fits snuggly and that I feel comfortable having on my belt. When I bought mine several Ebay sellers had them available however apparently those supplies have dried up.

As another alternative, here is a bag I procured from Best Buy this morning. It has some nice side pockets for the extra battery (two Wasabi batteries and a wall charger have been ordered from Blue Nook) as well as the extra lens filter I normally carry. It also has a slot inside for an extra SD card. I like the rubberized bottom which gives some added support and keeps the bag in shape when it is hanging on my belt. That plus it is just a tad smaller than the bag I originally showed. Best Buy has them on sale on their WEB site and in the stores. Now if I could just find a use for the half dozen or so unused shoulder straps I have around here. Here are the tags that were attached to the bag giving it's inside dimensions etc. While you could carry with the lens down, I prefer to store my E-M10 in it like I showed in the very first set of photos.
    LowPro Camera Bag for E-M10 Info.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lowepro-Adv...227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9be0dd53

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  9. jakk

jakk Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 9, 2011
    Bkk
    I recommend the Billingham Hadley Digital :)

P4230126.

10. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Beautiful bag but ohhhhh, the price! BTW, is the leather chocolate brown? Looks a bit darker than the tan I've seen in other pics. :)

11. jakk

jakk Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 9, 2011
    Bkk
    Yep this one is in Sage/Chocolate leather (a bit darker than normal leather in Tan)

If you consider the resale value then this bag isnt expensive at all ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    WOW!! Really nice looking but for that price it had better come with wheels, tires and a motor. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    The price is off-putting and it took me years and years to pull the trigger on my first Billingham bag. I could never fathom spending more than $100 on a bag but after buying my Billingham Hadley Pro, it's worth every penny. Now I wonder what took so long in owning one. One of the best bag companies around that have the perfect blend of form and functionality. Deceptively small and holds quite a lot for their size and every single aspect cleverly designed.

Their smaller Hadley sizes are perfect for m43 and mirrorless in general.

Hadley Digital vs Hadley Pro
    115565154.xSx8Racz.2Billinghams.

Hadley Small vs Hadley Pro
    M1000990.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  14. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    That reminds me of a souvenir t-shirt I saw on Molokai (Hawaii). It read "Looking for Wife. Must come with boat, trailer, and motor. Send photo of boat, trailer, and motor." :) No, I did not buy the shirt.

I think there was an Australian version of this joke. "Looking for Wife. Must come with six-pack of Foster's. Send photo of Foster's."

My apologies for not being PC.

15. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    The joke being that I've never met an Australian who actually drinks Fosters, we export all the horrible beer and keep the delicious drinks for ourselves :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Regular

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    Michael
    I don't have such nice photos of my small bag of choice, and it's not in the inexpensive category either. But it's just about the perfect size for a day out with the wife (who's more worried about what it looks like).

The ONA Bowery is a really nice bag. Just right for the 12-35 mounted on the GX7, the 35-100 in another section, and a couple of primes stacked. Sometimes the 20 (shown), sometimes the 17/1.8, and almost always the FE.

PB216690_-L.

P1010180_-L.

17. Ddeveryday

Ddeveryday Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    If you're on a budget, the Lowerpro event messenger 100 is not a bad choice. It's only $20 on amazon.

I have this and it fits my Oly EM10, O12-40mm, O17 1.8, O45mm 1.8. And i'm sure you can fit an extra lens in it as well.

18. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    The idea of a SMALL bag is something you can wear on your belt and not have to carry on a shoulder. While the last two bags shown are interesting I do not see how they can be worn on a belt.

19. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Regular

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    Michael
    I didn't realize that was the definition of a small bag. It's not exactly my definition since I wouldn't want a bag worn on my belt, but based on your definition my ONA bag is indeed huge :)

20. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    I have a Lowepro top loader AW50 from my Nikon 5100 days that I use. It's deep enough to put a lens in the bottom separated by a foam pad. My O75-300 lens fits there. My Em5 with my O12-50 fits in the top. The front pocket is roomie so I keep my extra batteries and cleaning supplies there and my memory cards in the top inside pocket. The bag also has a rain fly should I need it. This my small bag. If I need to carry more then I have to decide which of my 5 other bags gets picked.

cc22b8eb0f9413cedcc19341af0bcc08. a0946561ec8efba433c75f8ed37b2990.