1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Small birds on my first outing with the GX1.

Discussion in 'Nature' started by retroglide, Apr 15, 2012.

1. retroglide

retroglide Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2012
    Really quite pleased with how the GX1 and Panny 100-300 performed today. It was my first time with the camera and turned out to be quite enjoyable.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Denmark
    They are great.

Sf

3. Brian1954

Brian1954 Mu-43 Rookie

These are nice. I particularly like the detail in the blackbird. Did you have your camera on a tripod?

Brian

4. retroglide

retroglide Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2012
    Thanks for the comments.
    In answer to your question, all were hand held.

5. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    How did you find handling of the GX1 with a big lens like the 100-300? Lots of people seem to prefer the G/GH bodies when using the big lenses, but I've always been partial to the rangefinder style. The 100-300 is on the shopping list for a future safari vacation... :)

6. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Nice shots.. I just bought the 100-300 as well.. Love it.. Just waiting for some more SpringTIme birds to come around... but great lens for a variety of subjects..
    Doug

7. retroglide

retroglide Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2012
    Well, it's all been a bit of a culture shock. Up until a few weeks back I had a Nikon D300 with a 70-200/f2.8 and a D700 with 24-70/f2.8 but had got really tired of lugging around all that weight in one massive rucksack or two smaller bags. I sold everything and decided to downsize and was worried in the initial drop in IQ which was inevitable coming from such nice gear.

The lovely thing about going for a walk yesterday was how light and compact, even with the 100-300, everything was. It's less imposing too. I have the EVF fitted which I think made it easier handling the GX1 with the 100-300 fitted. It took a couple of shots to get used to it all but I think it'll becoming even easier through time. Plus image quality was more than good enough for me.

• Like Like x 1