Small bag for E-M5 mark II with oly 25mm only

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by manju69, Sep 24, 2015.

1. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Hi folks. I am looking for a small bag for a one lens kit - that is my E-M5 mark II and an Olympus 25mm lens. This and a spare battery perhaps. Ideally nothing that shouts camera bag too much - or even something adapted to carry a camera. Thanks.

2. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Wotancraft Paratrooper for ultimate style.

Ona Bowery for conservative quality.

Lowepro Jazz Messenger for nice, but inexpensive small option.

About a million others...

Not looking camera-ish without looking like a handbag is always a challenge.

3. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Yes. That's right. And getting something that's not too big/small without trying it in person. Thanks for the above tips.

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
  5. marlof

marlof Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I never liked those typical small camera bags. If I bring a camera with one lens, I take the Domke J803. It works great as a generic shoulder bag, looks like a small briefcase and takes other items as well while keeping a small frame.

6. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Last time I was in the local Best Buy they had a couple of Bella's. Check them out.

7. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    You want something to hold a single camera with a lens plus a pocket for a spare battery, but you don't want something that looks like a camera specific bag. I think that is called "ANY backpack". ;)

Seriously, throw a spare towel in any backpack to add some padding (and have a towel on hand for those odd moments you wish you had a towel) and not only can you carry the camera around but a magazine, lunch, and a bottle of water.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I would fit my Em5 with 14 or 20mm in this bag, ocassionally had the 45mm, it would push out against the bag a bit but still fit with no ill effect. The fit with the Em5 on this is a bit snug but it's small and subtle enough not to pop out at people like most camera bags do, plus the strap goes across your body like a sling so you can adjust the positioning of the bag by the waist making for easy access to the camera. The only thing is it's a zip top bag and it's somtimes difficult opening and closing it which requires two hands.
    I'm using it with my em10 now with pancake zoom it fits great.
    https://www.caselogic.com/en-us/us/...ompact-system-camera-case-_-cpl_-_103_-_black

9. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    You also always have a towel with you.

I do the same sort of thing with one of the Olympus wrap things, it's got sort of fake leather on one side and a nylon backing with an elastic thing to hold it closed. I was given two of them as promotional items... they seem like a good idea though.

10. Soffritto

Soffritto Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 1, 2010
    Anything that fits, then. A friend with a Leica the size of your kit uses a tiny generic non-camera shoulder bag with a neoprane Zing camera pouch/case fitted in the bag to protect the camera.

11. jcm5

jcm5 Mu-43 Veteran

May 12, 2014
    USA