Small bag for E-M5 mark II with oly 25mm only

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by manju69, Sep 24, 2015.

1. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Hi folks. I am looking for a small bag for a one lens kit - that is my E-M5 mark II and an Olympus 25mm lens. This and a spare battery perhaps. Ideally nothing that shouts camera bag too much - or even something adapted to carry a camera. Thanks.
  2. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Wotancraft Paratrooper for ultimate style.

Ona Bowery for conservative quality.

Lowepro Jazz Messenger for nice, but inexpensive small option.

About a million others...

Not looking camera-ish without looking like a handbag is always a challenge.
  3. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Yes. That's right. And getting something that's not too big/small without trying it in person. Thanks for the above tips.
  4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
  5. marlof

marlof Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I never liked those typical small camera bags. If I bring a camera with one lens, I take the Domke J803. It works great as a generic shoulder bag, looks like a small briefcase and takes other items as well while keeping a small frame.
  6. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Last time I was in the local Best Buy they had a couple of Bella's. Check them out.
  7. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    You want something to hold a single camera with a lens plus a pocket for a spare battery, but you don't want something that looks like a camera specific bag. I think that is called "ANY backpack". ;)

Seriously, throw a spare towel in any backpack to add some padding (and have a towel on hand for those odd moments you wish you had a towel) and not only can you carry the camera around but a magazine, lunch, and a bottle of water.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I would fit my Em5 with 14 or 20mm in this bag, ocassionally had the 45mm, it would push out against the bag a bit but still fit with no ill effect. The fit with the Em5 on this is a bit snug but it's small and subtle enough not to pop out at people like most camera bags do, plus the strap goes across your body like a sling so you can adjust the positioning of the bag by the waist making for easy access to the camera. The only thing is it's a zip top bag and it's somtimes difficult opening and closing it which requires two hands.
    I'm using it with my em10 now with pancake zoom it fits great.
  9. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    You also always have a towel with you.

I do the same sort of thing with one of the Olympus wrap things, it's got sort of fake leather on one side and a nylon backing with an elastic thing to hold it closed. I was given two of them as promotional items... they seem like a good idea though.
  10. Soffritto

Soffritto Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 1, 2010
    Anything that fits, then. A friend with a Leica the size of your kit uses a tiny generic non-camera shoulder bag with a neoprane Zing camera pouch/case fitted in the bag to protect the camera.
  11. jcm5

jcm5 Mu-43 Veteran

May 12, 2014