1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Small Bag/Case for EP-2 with VF-2 mounted, 20mm & 45mm

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by darrenleow, Nov 7, 2011.

1. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Singapore
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a compact case/bag that will hold my E-P2 with the VF-2 mounted and the 20mm and 45mm lenses.

One of the lenses will be attached to the camera and the other will be kept separate by a divider. It has to be as small as possible while having easy smooth access to the camera and lens. I'm going to drop the whole case/bag into another messenger bag/backpack so it doesn't have to look really nice or anything, but it needs firm padding and secure closure. But it'd be good if the bag had a strap on it so I can carry it after removing it from the main bag.

I'm guessing one of the Lowepro bags will work but I don't have time to go visit a physical camera store so I was hoping if anyone had suggestions or recommendations.

(BTW I take the set-up out in a Domke F-3x if it's a dedicated outing with the E-P2 kit, just looking for a small bag to take the kit to school and back)

Thanks! :smile:

2. Look at insulated school lunch bags. I use one for my EP-2 with lens and view finder attached. The spare lens is in a cushioned lens sleeve. Still have room for a snac, sandwich and bottle of water in the.external mesh netting. Cost was around $10.

3. Insert only?

Have you considered inserts only? My large bag is a size small Timbuk2 Snoop. The insert is a self contained unit that slips into any size small or larger TB2 messenger bag. Bit oversize for your specific needs. Unlike the sm & med, the X-small insert does not have a zippered lid. Not familiar with any other self contained inserts.

For tossing into the pack or messenger bag I place the G2 or GF-1(with LVF-1 attached) + the 14-45mm into a Crumpler 2MDH. If I invert the lens hood there is room to stack the 20mm. Enough little pockets to store extra battery, sd card and cleaning aids.

4. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    The Lowepro Nova 140 should do that job for you, but if you need slightly more room, my Nova 160 holds the E-PL2 with 20mm & VF-2 mounted, 45mm F1.8 + Metz 48 AF-1 and filters, cards, batteries etc.

It's a cheap option but very well made, if not quite trendy in the looks department.....

5. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Singapore
    Thanks for your thoughts so far. I chanced upon the Lowepro Edit 110 which seems like it might be the perfect size and for a low price.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjzeTnJxIW8]Lowepro Edit 110 (Kameratasche) [Review&Unboxing] (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

6. onelouder

onelouder Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2011
    Sydney
    BIll
    I went the crumpler 3 million dollar home. the 2MDH felt a bit tight. 3MDH fits ep3, with 45 & vf3 plus 40-150 plus 20 and side pockets for batteries etc.

7. Declan

Declan Mu-43 Regular

i think the lowepro special design for mirrorless camera il series looks awesome

8. Bangi64

Bangi64 New to Mu-43

Nov 28, 2011
    I luv my crumpler 5md which can fix my 2nd lens & flash

9. pcnyc

pcnyc Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2010
    I love the caselogic tbc-305, here's my post about it:

https://www.mu-43.com/f67/packing-trip-2-bodies-2-lenses-1-bag-caselogic-tbc-305-a-19187/

it should fit your setup nicely, the vf2 makes the camera taller, but if you put the camera in vertically, with the grip pointing up and the lcd touching the longer side of the bag, it will fit well, and you can easily get it in and out.

There's a small divider inside that is fixed, but can be pushed aside to make one big compartment (I used to have a 4/3 14-54mm with adaptor mounted on e-pl1, and that fits perfectly in it). The top flap doesn't go down to the side, so I just left it unzipped in my outer bag to make it very easy to get the camera out.

10. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    I also like the Crumpler bags
    Have the 2MM and the 3mm home

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Why not just get a good messenger bag that can hold it on its own? I use a satchel with nice heavy leather, and it doesn't need additional padding. I can hold an E-PL2, Panasonic DMW-MA1 mount adapter, Zuiko 50mm f/1.4, Zeiss 135mm f/2.8, Zuiko 25mm f/2.8, Olympus EC-14 1.4x teleconverter, Olympus FL-36R flash, Etsumi grip/flash bracket, small LED light array, softbox-type diffuser, VF-2 viewfinder, EMA-1 mic adapter, two small external microphones, audio extension cord, two spare camera batteries, two spare flash batteries, two spare LED light batteries, and a Lenspen in this small bag (I love this bag so much I had to take its picture once I got it! I edited out the logo, but the brand is A-SK, and it was a gift from China):
    leather_satchel_wide.

I used to do the bag-within-bag thing (for a small kit within a large kit) but this is so much more convenient, and stylish enough for an urban hipster.

12. stillshunter

stillshunter Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2011
    I'd suggest the Domke F5XB. Love this bag and so might you for the kit mentioned.

Outgrew it only recently (used to house the EP3 and X100 kits), and got the F10, very happy it's on a par....though it now seems I might have outgrown that one too :blush:....so maybe it's a F3X now.

13. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
  14. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Singapore
    I already have a ton of camera bags for dedicated camera gear carrying - TT Retrospective 20, Billingham Hadley, Domke F3x, Domke J2, Kata DR467, etc. What I was looking for this time was the exact opposite of those - a small padded bag that holds my small M43 kit that I can shove into my school backpack until it's needed. I shoot news for my college paper and I needed a way to have my M43 gear with me all the time while not in photography mode.

In the end I got a Lowepro Adventura 140 for about 20 bucks, really ugly and not super well built,but it does its job just fine without fuss. Zips up so nothing can fall in or out of it while it's in the backpack, and when I have an assignment to respond to I can pull it out and shoot from it without dealing with my books and other stuff. In fact, I actually helped chased down a thief in the school library and when he got apprehended I pulled out the smaller Lowepro bag and got to photographing the arrest.

[​IMG]

15. lsteere

lsteere Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2011
    I'll second the Tamrac bag. Fits everything perfectly and is padded nicely to help protect the equipment.