SLR magic 50mm f.95 cine

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by speedandstyle, Jan 1, 2012.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

SLR Magic announced their next lens last night at midnight. It is a 50mm f.95 cine. It isn't a m43 lens but rather a Leica M. It can easily be adapted to the m43 of coarse. Since they labeled it a "cine" they are aiming at the HDSLR video crowd. However it falls short of having some features of a true cine lens. For instance a cine lens should have a geared focus ring and the numbers should be sideways.

SLR Magic announces HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 M-mount lens: Digital Photography Review

Here are the first of the test videos.
    [ame=http://vimeo.com/34417964]World Premiere !!! SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE T0.95 / 50mm Part II : The Day Tests on Vimeo[/ame]

[ame=http://vimeo.com/34409965]World Premiere !!! SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE T0.95 / 50mm Part I : The Night Tests on Vimeo[/ame]

2. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    I noticed that this lens weighs over two pounds.

3. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Ah, it's the headless cart puller.

Those SLR Magic seem like busy boys (although unfortunately too busy it seems to make a website (their Noktor one doesn't work)).
    With them and the likes of Samyang it's interesting times.

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Cine lenses are heavier because of their design. Not a problem for movie making as the camera should always be mounted onto some sort of rig - tripod , stedicam , dolly , etc.

The Noktor site works fine for me. They need to add a page of upcoming products as right now it only shows the 50mm Hyperprime lens. The 12mm should be coming real soon. I think I read someplace that it was due the first of the new year.

This new lens is not for everybody but for those of us who want to make movies like the pros it may be a great product.

5. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Yes, sorry it does just about work. But it's things like when you click on the vote for mounts you don't get a message to say anything has happened, and you can click and click again with no message. Clicking on the images taking you to Flickr doesn't seem all that professional. Added to the fact they list just one product and they give the price only in a currency most people will have to go to another site to have any idea of the value the price represents makes me think it's not quite as together as it might be.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about what they're doing.