1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SLR Magic 12mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by oxhouser, Apr 13, 2015.

1. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    I wanted a wide fast lens for taking photo's inside temples and the SLR f1.6 12mm looked like best option I could find, I like this lens a lot, 12 mm seems to fit my needs and I like the images it produces, it's very heavy for its size it feels like it's a solid block of steel, build quality is excellent.
    It's been my most used lens on the trip so far
    negative points
    It's manual focus, I have focus peaking on the gx7 so not a big deal even at wide open and set to hyper focal the range in focus is from 3 meter to infinity
    size and weight neither of which is a big deal ( for me ) but lighter and more compact would have been better
    lens cap is metal and screws on so gets left off a lot, I think I will try to get a plastic push fit cap
    Although you can use a 58mm filter it shows in the corners at full aperture so needs a step up ring and larger filter

Couple of images

17132321831_457a9b8aaa_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    Snapseed-25 by -oxhouser-
    16518333634_dc3b0c4346_b.jpg
    Cambodia-18 by -oxhouser-

17114982346_31548d8cb1_b.jpg
    Cambodia-51 by -oxhouser-
    Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.