1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Slippery Lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by 0dBm, Oct 26, 2011.

1. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Not so much with the P20mm, but the O45 is so svelte as to be difficult to handle.

I was still in the driver seat (luckily) of my vehicle when I decided to change from the P20 to the O45. As I just finished placing the rear cap on the P20, I grasped the O45 from the bag and it slipped between my fingers and onto my lap. Whew!

There is not much to hold on to. I was thinking of VERY judiciously applying thin strips of skateboard tape to the sides to aid in grasping it.

Anyone else find this a growing problem?

Any solutions to share?

2. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    I never experience that before. The m4/3 lens is small enough to be grasped by our hand. Try to change the lens this way : Taking Care of Your Mirrorless Camera Sensor - YouTube

To twist the oly 45mm to the mount is harder though..mine is e-p3 I don't know about the other body. It's very very very tight

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.