Slip and Slide

robperks

Mu-43 Regular
As you may have seen on the news SoCal has been getting its fair share of seasonal rain this year. I have been making an effort to get out and ride the bike ot capture some images of the weather. On the day after all of the rain I was out on the Bike path, hit some mud and laid the bike down. Funny how that happens, a week and a half of road and trail and rain and mud, then on the first clear day you fall.

Bike and rider are fine, a little scraped and bruised, but flesh heals.

While I was laying on the ground figuring out what had just happened, I noticed the GF1 sitting upright on the ground next to my head. Wish I had a camera in my eye ball to capture that one. While a little scraped and dented al seems to be fine functionally.

5300404721_201c08ec25_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Untitled by rperks1, on Flickr

5301003008_329e5088f0_z.jpg

5301006426_8c3a74019f_z.jpg

Not sure what to do other than keep using it and see if a little glu and body work help seal it up. This could be the motivator to help justify a backup body, but I want something with better high ISO perfomance. Want and need are two different things though.

sinpig

Mu-43 Regular
At least you can look at it with humor, and, the lens seems to be ok. I hope you recover fast!

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Ouch. Really admire the way you are taking this. Just a thought: a half-case would have protected exactly where the damage to the GF1 occurred...

Another thought (two in one day...:eek:): the lens hood is easy to replace, and it prevented damage to the optics.

Glad your camera is still working.

robperks

Mu-43 Regular
I am not delicate with cameras, I use as tools. I had an old Canon A70 that lasted for years of abuse, twice it hit hard and I had to push the circut board back in and snap it all together. It kept on trucking for a year after that.

I am not sure how, by some sort of lawn dart magic, this one managed to slide along theavement at 10 mph only on its bottom. It was in my bar bag, inside the tamrac case, both unzipped. One project on the burner is a front bag that alows easy and quick access, but precents camera launch.

Latest threads

Top Bottom