Slave flash

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kadal, Dec 24, 2011.

1. kadal

kadal New to Mu-43

Dec 1, 2011
    UK
    Has anyone used a Speedlite YONGNUO YN460 Flash as a slave with the Olympus Epl-1? It has an S1 and S2 slave setting. It's a low cost feature packed flash and would be handy for some creative lighting effects if it detects the built in flash on my camera correctly. I would appreciate any feedback on slave flash comparability. Merry Christmas all!!

2. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    I have just tried it with my PM1. It works but the YN460 slave sensor is located in the flash head. Great if you are using for back lighting. Inconsistent for main lighting.

I'd get the 460 II. It's sensor is on the body so you can twist the head to your subject. It recycles faster, is more powerful and not too much more $.

3. kadal

kadal New to Mu-43

Dec 1, 2011
    UK
    Thank you that's very helpful.

4. jp81jones

jp81jones New to Mu-43

Mar 15, 2012
    yongnuo flash

I bought a Yongnuo 460-11 for my olympus epl2 and I can't get it to work. It will work flash off the camera but once I attach it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

5. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    What mode it is it in when you put it on the camera?

6. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    If you can spring for the YN560 go for that, i have the 460 mark 1 and 2, and i have two 560's. The 560 is a bit more powerfull and the operation buttons are a little easier to use. Plus it has a quicker recycle time than the previous models, a full power burst is around a 2 second recycle with good batteries.

7. jp81jones

jp81jones New to Mu-43

Mar 15, 2012
    It looks like Pilot and M. I've also tried it in S1 and S2 and it will flash if I manually hit the pilot button but it doesn't work if I just try to take a picture.