Sky Replacement Comparison - Luminar 4 vs Luminar AI (Beta) vs Photoshop 2021

Diamondback

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark
For those of you that are interested in replacing boring skies in your images Matt Suess, an Olympus Educator, has an excellent comparison of the current state of this feature in Luminar 4, Luminar AI (Beta) and Photoshop 2021 using what he describes as challenging photos:

It is important to note that Matt caveats his results with stressing that Luminar AI is still in beta and that the algorithms in the program could change and thus improve the outcomes he has documented in his video. His current “winner” surprised him as it did me.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Also you can use the sky filter to just draw the a mask and then you have foreground and background separated. Make a duplicate layer and invert the mask. Now you a foreground layer and background layer ready for separate editing.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
I bought 2 seats for AI then got a refund. Their filing system is asinine. Many have complained and they keep promising to address it, but they never do. Instead of working on improvements , they take their "buy it once, no subscription, free updates!" programs and make them obsolete in a year or so, then stop providing updates and support. It's a disingenuous way to do business. They've already said there will be no more updates for 4 in a year, so spending a bunch of money on it now seems a waste. If they ever make 4 available for free like they did 3 (or maybe $20), I may bite. Other than that...pffft.

Latest threads

Top Bottom