Skins or half cases? (EP-2)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Ritualnet, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Ritualnet

Ritualnet Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    UK - West Midlands
    Seem
    Between my GF1 and EP2 debate, I'm keeping the EP2. Now, I want to know, what would you do, if you picked up an EP2 and then found out it was scratched (from strap clips) down the left side?

It doesn't bother me TOO much, but it's there, so I was thinking one of two ways to cover it, and add protection. Either a skin, like the ones that aki-ashi provide, something bright and different (red maybe), or a half-case. Either one will protect the EP2's sides and cover the scratches.

I haven't got a regular case for the EP2 yet, as there seems to be nothing official that isn't seemingly worthless (I'm looking at you, Pen Wrapping Case!), and the ebay ones might not cater to the 20mm pancake.

So in your opinions, what would you do? Leave it? Skin it, or Half-case it?

2. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Will add leatherlette if I see any scratches..currently I'm using half case.but once on leatherlette I will stop using cases.

on Nokia 8800

Attached Files:

3. Ritualnet

Ritualnet Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    UK - West Midlands
    Seem
    That's rather neat! I saw something similar on Ebay. Does it protect the camera well? I have no inserts for my bag, so I'm relying on cases for the moment.

4. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Very.have a look.all around.with lens attached(14-42) .

Actually I got another spare one for sale..but seems my side here many are snapping up OMD.
    Oh yeah..the tripod mount of ep2 I covered with carbon fibre vinyl so as to protect from any scratches.
    on Nokia 8800

Attached Files:

5. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Sorry I mean the ones u saw is it the dotted texture for leathers?

on Nokia 8800

6. beckyi90

beckyi90 Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    Stockton, UK
    personally i think i'm going to go for a half case, just incase i want to upgrade, bit worried a skin might leave residue.

7. Ritualnet

Ritualnet Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    UK - West Midlands
    Seem
    This is the one I was looking at, it looks similar to yours?

That's a point. I mean we all upgrade eventually, but I guess with these cameras, a leatherette skin is a nice focal point for a classic, and different camera?

8. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    looks the same but thats for Ep3 ..different size i think between ep3 to ep1/2