Skewed Condos - E-PL1 with kit lens

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Robert Watcher, May 27, 2010.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

Stopped to take a couple of shots of some very strange architecture going up in Mississauga Ontario. These are 2 new Condo towers that are quite striking as you drive south on Hurontario Road, just west of Toronto. Some of the design almost defies the laws of gravity with the the structres bulging in and out at different heights - - - and leaning like the Tower of Pisa on angles away from each other.

1 )
    [​IMG]

2 )
    [​IMG]

----

If there is any doubt that the new Olympus Pen E-PL1 can't stand up to other cameras in regard to Image Quality - - - you may have to think again. The quality out of camera, is quite impressive.

All shots were taken handheld with the E-PL1 and 14-42mm kit lens - using aperture priority exposure mode at 200ISO - and auto focus. I had the camera set to 16x9 crop mode - with this image being an uncropped frame (contrast and sharpness have been tweaked in Photoshop - as I would do with all of my images:

[​IMG]

And here is a 750 pixel by 750 pixel 100% crop with no resizing (quality does suffer some as a result of saving for web as a jpeg). You can identify the section in the above image - by looking for the man standing on his balcony:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    whoooosh, strange stuff indeed....
    you did it justice tho'....nice

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Really nice. The kit lens also doesn't get enough credit.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Impressive close up and quite good luck that fellow was standing there! Very unusual buildings...just looking at your photographs makes me feel a touch of queasiness.