Site Software Change

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
Yes, I find the 'who' of the likes far more useful than the 'how many'. It's a community on mu-43, we know one another, I type something and I immediately want to know who has liked it, it helps me to know if I want or need to reply. In fact I very much like those sites where the first 10 Likes are named, then it drops into List mode if there are bulk likes.

I can't help feeling guilty when I ask you for a change, Amin. :blush:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
@T N Args - No worries. Lots of helpful requests in this threads so far. Mostly things I wouldn't have thought of but would also like to have. I'll see if what you mentioned is doable.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
It appears that the time zone component has gone wheels up. When I make a post, it actually appears halfway done the page or so when I refresh the page.

Actually, it doesn't even do that, it appears wherever some other poster last posted. It doesn't appear in Active Discussions or New Posts.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
It appears that the time zone component has gone wheels up. When I make a post, it actually appears halfway done the page or so when I refresh the page.

Actually, it doesn't even do that, it appears wherever some other poster last posted. It doesn't appear in Active Discussions or New Posts.
Is this fixed now?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I would rather edit the location via url to be more general but accurate. Plus it seems to be pushing ads.
Google has ads, but neither the forum software maker nor I benefit from those ads. So we're not pushing ads. Just leveraging a Google service that some of us enjoy.

As for the location, you can set it to anything you want. If you put your home address in your forum profile, it will pinpoint your house. If you say "Oregon", it'll show Oregon. If you say "United States", it'll show that.

Last edited:

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Well, if I can't edit the url I'll play around with the location....or just leave it blank. Thanks.

Oh, and not implying that the ads came from this site.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom