Site problems (database errors, laggy behavior)

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I am aware of the site problems ongoing since yesterday. The server has had an unusually amount of downtime, and our host is working on this problem. This is the email response I got from them yesterday:

We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing, but unfortunately the server is under a higher load than normal today. Our monitoring team is already working to get the load on the server down to a more manageable level. At this time it appears this server may be under attack, and we're working to get it resolved as soon as possible.
In the meanwhile, I am looking at alternative hosting solutions for something more dependable, but that is a decision which has to be made carefully.

Sorry to everyone for this inconvenience. Hopefully things will be back in order soon.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Amin, this is the worst it's ever been... hope they get a handle on it soon.

Cheers

Brian

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Bit like watching paint dry, but thank you for the info. Not to worry, i can put up with it. :wink:

John.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I was even slower than my French internet connection - but that's life and these things will happen now and again

nobody died - so no worries

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks Amin for this message of yours.
I'm sure you will fix any problems soon, thanks in advance.
Good luck ! We are behind you !

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I expect mine to be slower - it's a long way from the US to Europe - it takes a few hours by plane and that's pretty fast

Amin Sabet

Administrator
This is the latest from the host:

...had a hard drive failure yesterday, and is currently rebuilding its array. Until this is complete you may experience intermittent connectivity problems. This hard drive replacement was necessary to ensure the security and integrity of your data, and is unfortunately a maintenance requirement.
It is currently 46% completed. We hope to have the rebuild done as quickly as possible, however we have to balance out the rebuild with service availability. The faster we make the rebuild go, the more sluggish response you will receive from mail, websites, etc.
I am disturbed by the fact that yesterday they were saying it seemed to be a server under attack and now they are calling it a hard drive failure. Hopefully we'll be back to normal soon, and in the meanwhile I am continuing to look at alternative hosting solutions.

Thanks everyone for your patience with this.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
In case anyone was wondering, the "planned maintenance" outage late last night was not planned on my part. Our hosting company did that without giving me advanced notice, which I would have shared. When I saw that, I honestly thought we had been hacked.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom