Site News: Mu-43 App Updated for iOS 7. Website Font Updated.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm glad to announce that our Mu-43 app is now iOS 7 compatible. This was a long time coming, I know! The new app is largely redone and based on Tapatalk 4. Depending on the feedback, we can either stay with this or go back to the Tapatalk 1 base. I haven't yet decided which one I prefer, so for now I kept the Android version with the Tapatalk 1 base. Please update in the App Store if you haven't already done so.

You may have also noticed that the website is now using Helvetica instead of Verdana and now has 1.5 line spacing in the forums. I think it's a big improvement in readability. Let me know what you think!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks, type is a lot cleaner. App updated yesterday :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GreenGhost

GreenGhost Mu-43 Regular

Nov 30, 2012
    Peter Liakopoulos
    Enjoying the new look, only issue is I get an error message trying to watch YouTube videos?

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  4. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Looks significantly better on my iPhone 5 will try iPad (4 retina) later.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I went ahead and updated the Android app as well. It will be unchanged for Android 2.x users but a new version for Android 3.x and 4.x users. Again, this is easy to revert if people prefer the older version. Update and let me know what you think!
  6. slappy

slappy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    Guildford, Surrey, UK
    Works well for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dasilva

dasilva New to Mu-43

Sep 18, 2010
    Left Coast
    I also like this format better! Thanks for your efforts!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i used to go to...LATEST - ALL to do my browsing
    how do i do that now? :)
    if i go to UNREAD, read something, then decide i want to reply a few mins later... i gotta hunt it back down

is there an easy way to just click and see the last 100 posts kinda thing? whether ive read it, replied to it, subscribed to it, or whatever?

thanks for the help!
  9. wanderenvy

wanderenvy Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012

Noticing a few issues with the latest Android version on a second gen nexus 7.

1. App crashes regularly. Especially if you switch context to another app. Android will pop up a message saying the mu-43 app has stopped.

2. On startup, all of the forum topics show up as 'read'. I have to hit refresh in the menu to identify which have updates and unread messages.

3. In the ios app, I can tap to view any image in a post and then use the left/right arrow icons to traverse images on that forum page. In the android app, this prev/next behavior is not consistent, at most it will show one next image. Perhaps this is just how it is coded up, but would be nice to confirm and correct if possible.

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)

I can confirm all those issues / bugs on my GS III running AOSP Android 4.2.2 as well as on a second gen Nexus 7. The company that makes our app has a more refined version based on Tapatalk 1 and more of a beta version based on Tapatalk 4. I changed us over to the T4 based version once that was getting good feedback, but I 'm thinking of going back to the older version until the bugs are sorted.
  11. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    currently, i can see the list of threads updated properly, but if i click on one to view the thread by itself, i get net work errors and it tells me to refresh
    it was letting me view the forums the first day, but not since then
    anyone else? im haivng to just check on the ipad during the day if theres threads im interested in, to remember to login on my laptop to actually get to read them
  12. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Android 4.1.2 stock Galaxy S3 here, main gripes with new app:
    1) Occasional random crashes on startup for no apparent reason.
    2) When I launch the app from a notification, the notification topics are shown but the left menu is blank. I have to exit and start the app from the launcher (going through the splash screen) to get full functionality.
    3) Back doesn't go back to the menu before quitting. I keep quitting the app as a result.
  13. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The new app is pretty though :p I've figured out how to edit! It's called moderate...
  14. graben

graben Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2013
    Chicago, Illinois
    I see you changed the android app back. I liked the new layout but it did crash a lot. Looking forward to a stable version of it.

Sent from my HTL21 using Mu-43 mobile app
  15. previz

previz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Is there a option to use the T4 version now? It feels more snappy, images loads quicker.
    I also like the full screen view without any overlays.