Site Navigation Changes - Mark All Read, etc

chipshot713

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kelly
It never fails, just when I think I can navigate without too much trouble ya'll come along and shuffle the deck and not all the cards are face down.

rsovitzky

Mu-43 Regular
It never fails, just when I think I can navigate without too much trouble ya'll come along and shuffle the deck and not all the cards are face down.

As a general comment, I find myself having to go back way too many pages now after viewing a section and marking READ. It used to be so efficient - not anymore.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
As a general comment, I find myself having to go back way too many pages now after viewing a section and marking READ. It used to be so efficient - not anymore.

There is a Mark Forums Read link at the top of every page. You shouldn't have to go back pages at all to use it.

markread.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If the window is too small to show all the links, you can access Mark Forums Read by clicking on the three horizontal lines icon, again without having to go back pages.

markread2.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
FYI I use <recent posts>. <watched threads> and only very occasionally <forums>, <buy sell>.

<mark forums read> is easy to access in the forums drop-down. I never use it.

I use this link when logging on.
<https://www.mu-43.com/find-new/1787530/posts>

I did some reshuffling since like you, most members use Recent Posts more than anything else. I also added Watched Threads to the drop-down. Let me know how it works for you in the current state.

I appreciate the input, everyone. I am not going to revert it to the way it was, with both a navigation bar and a subnavigation bar, without at least a few weeks of trying with just a navigation bar. However, I'm very much interested to hear which things are or aren't working for you with the changes.

When possible, please include screenshots highlighting your concerns. What you're seeing may not be what I'm seeing, although I have been testing on several different devices and browsers.

Brian Beezley

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
No problems now, Amin. Thanks for your efforts. Unlike the dropdown arrow, the large, isolated, triple-line bar is easy to poke on my iPad without hitting anything else.

Brian

dalto

Mu-43 Veteran
This is working great for me now. Easy access to unread posts and mark forums read.

Since we are making changes anyway, one question I have had since I began coming here is there really a need to ask for confirmation on mark forums read? It seems like an extra step and marking forums read accidentally isn't really that big of a deal.

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
So THATS what was going on. Thought I was going crazy when stuff started moving around :)

Brian Beezley

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Occasionally Mark Read does not appear on the top line on my iPad even though there is room for it. It appears instead within the triple-line symbol.

This is just a report, not a complaint. Mark Read is easy enough to access from the triple-bar symbol.

Brian

barry

Super Moderator
Occasionally Mark Read does not appear on the top line on my iPad even though there is room for it. It appears instead within the triple-line symbol.

This is just a report, not a complaint. Mark Read is easy enough to access from the triple-bar symbol.

Brian
Hi, in portrait or landscape orientation?

Brian Beezley

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Portrait, Barry. It is that way as I type this. There is a big space left, but perhaps it is not quite big enough. Hard to tell. Mark Read appears if I rotate to landscape.

Brian

Edit - 3 hours later, Mark Read is now there.

Further edit - Mark Read disappeared again. But Unread had a two-digit count. After I clicked it and the count dropped to 0, Mark Read reappeared. Apparently the room taken by the second digit is enough to force Mark Read back inside the triple-line symbol.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom