Site changes coming

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Well, I'm a bit miffed that after finally subscribing a few days ago that all the Exif details have gone. :rolleyes:
I suppose it's only a temporary measure and it'll soon be sorted.

I'm in two minds whether or not I like the new "like" process though. :hmmm:

I truly appreciate all that Amin does for us. :thumbup:

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
Just for the purpose of feedback on the current changes Im not sure I like the new way of displaying the ratings and selecting them is now less straightforward - you now have to hover over a ‘like’ button and then further select the type of rating you want to use instead of selecting one directly as before
Not an improvement imo but then I never like changes to things I am used to
(I’m an iPad only visitor here)

Last edited:

Mountain_Man_79

Ah, yes. Comets, the icebergs of the sky.
Real Name
Chris
Just for the purpose of feedback on the current changes Im not sure I like the new way of displaying the affirmations or whatever you call the likes etc and selecting them is now less straightforward - you now have to hover over a ‘like’ button and then further select the type of affirmation you want to use instead of choosing one directly as before
Not an improvement imo but then I never like changes to things I am used to
I agree. And so I tried to hit “agree”. I wound up liking, then unliking, then liking, then unliking, then successfully hitting the agree button. The like process on a phone is damn near impossible to use. I’m sure hovering a mouse on a laptop or computer is a completely different story, but to be fair, I’ve never ONCE came to this site on anything other than my phone. So it’s got to be mobile friendly for me, and I’m sure many others.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I agree. And so I tried to hit “agree”. I wound up liking, then unliking, then liking, then unliking, then successfully hitting the agree button. The like process on a phone is damn near impossible to use. I’m sure hovering a mouse on a laptop or computer is a completely different story, but to be fair, I’ve never ONCE came to this site on anything other than my phone. So it’s got to be mobile friendly for me, and I’m sure many others.
Chris, have you got "Display desktop site" turned on in your browser?

Mountain_Man_79

Real Name
Chris
Touching and holding for the different reactions to come up, seemingly only brings up the ‘copy’ options on my phone - edit - well, it brings them up, but they are hidden behind the copy options
14120D6B-B9CD-4F6A-B472-DF0E9B5EE48F.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Amin Sabet

Administrator
John, the media gallery is sort of hidden on purpose here because user space there is limited, whereas in the forum attachments, it is not limited. Probably best to just use the forums. The reason I didn't uninstall the media gallery is that some people had a lot of photos there. So I just decreased its visibility.

Mountain_Man_79

Real Name
Chris
Thank you for restoring the way the old reactions were!

But since that, I have a weird white stripe across the screen by peoples names in either mobile or desktop versions on my phone. Anyone else seeing this?
5C527C85-644E-497E-815E-5AD7312431DD.png

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
On the desktop the strip is dark grey under the name and if you hover on it it will say "Other (xxxxx)" where xxxxx is a number. Clicking on it brings up your history of reaction totals on your account (your number is 10205 btw).

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 8.30.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 8.31.18 PM.png

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom