Site changes coming

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Dear all,

You may have noticed that I've been away for quite a while. I've been staying on top of the server, backups, security patches, etc, but that's all the time I could devote to the site in recent months.

Over the next couple weeks, I have slightly more time, and I'd like to upgrade the site from Xenforo 2.1.x to Xenforo 2.2.x. Unfortunately, that version will be incompatible with most of the addons I've used to upgrade site functionality. Things like EXIF display, attachment manager, ignore forums, buy & sell forms, feedback display, double click to mark read, lazy image loader, live content update, alerts fixes, post reactions, weekly digest... Nearly all of those will be broken and require fixing.

Some things may take longer than others to fix. And some feature may never come back if they are too time consuming or too expensive to fix. I'll do my best. There is some nice functionality in XF 2.2 that I think everyone will like. Hopefully this will all be worth it.

Best wishes to everyone for the holidays!

-Amin

Santa

Super Moderator
Real Name
Tom Staggs
We appreciate all the time and effort that you put in to the site! I find it one of the better ones on the Internet not just the ones pertaining to photography but all the forums I am a member. Thanks Amin

Trixter

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jim Leonard
As a subscriber, EXIF info is extremely important to me. Is there any way to know if that feature will be retained before attempting the upgrade?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
I appreciate all the hard work and time you have put into this community. As cheesy as it sounds this is THE BEST community of photography I have ever met (only the Pentaxians have such harmony) and I will always support this community and Amin as well. Thank you :)

Server upgrade be like:

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks, I would of spent colorful language filled hours trying to figure out why the last Windows 10 update screwed up the Mu-43 forum had you not posted this.

And thanks for your countless hours making this forum even possible for the rest of us to enjoy.

Real Name
Chris
I trust you to know how to steer the site in the best possibly way that makes sense to you and will happily bounce over any bumps in the road that may occur. I truly appreciate what you do.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Amin, given the idea that many features are lost and effort is required to upgrade I have a hard time imagining the upside, but I agree with everyone else in trusting your decision-making.

Thanks for the heads-up and your continued efforts. I hope you and your family are well and remain safe.

Susanne

Mu-43 Regular
It's always a good thing to keep website software updated. Thanks for your hard work and for keeping this site alive. I totally agree with what someone else said, the best photography community out there. Let's keep it going.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom