Sirui P-224,324,424 monopods...Anyone using these?

W

WithOpenedEyes

Looking to pull the trigger on one of these tomorrow. Especially wondering if the 424 is way over kill for m4/3. I know it's the heavier duty version, but sometimes in support gear that's not a bad thing. I'm not totally concerned with weight. Solidity and build quality are more important. Thanks in advance.

kinlau

Mu-43 All-Pro
Even the 224 is over kill for m43. I have the 224 and 324. The biggest difference with each level is actually the height. I also have the Manfrotto 560 and 562, and the 224 is about the same size as the 562 and can handle my 1Dm2 + 150-600.

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
I have the 326, and usually use it with the 50-100/2.8-3.5 FT lens on my E-M1. I think it's great. I replaced my Manfrotto 560B with this, and consider it a step up. I'm just under 6' and don't have to extend the bottom section all the way.

Last edited:
W

WithOpenedEyes

Choices, choices...Weight isn't so much an issue here. I was looking first for the height. Present pod...Cullman Magnesit 550...is not bad, but when using a ball head and flipping it for portrait mode, that loss of height is a pain in the neck...literally. Gotta crouch a bit to use the viewfinder...not good. 66" height is just about right. I realize that a large majority of monopods are probably sufficient for m4/3. I'm kinda looking for the last one I'll ever need. Sounds like the 324 might be the one.

Latest threads

Top Bottom