1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Single filter cases

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by budeny, Jul 10, 2014.

1. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Hi guys,

I like my B+W filters, but their square cases are a bit bulky, especially 58mm which is quite oversized.
    So, recently I've noticed Promaster filters with very ergonomic and pocket-friendly cases.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't find those cases sold separately or anything similar, so may be you can advise some other cases (single-filter ones)

View attachment 34612

2. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    I regularly go to estate and yard sales and at the estate sales with photo gear I always find the older round plastic screw top hoya and tiffen empty filter cases . . . don't think I've paid over 10 cents for one. I agree on the square filter cases by the way . . .

3. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I probably would burn more gas than a dozen cases cost and will buy some other stuff that I don't even really need :biggrin:
    So, for now I ended up with metal "filter stack caps" for my most used CPL filter - it's as small as it can get and ok if filter not going on and off lens too often.

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I actually prefer the square B&W cases, they stack nicely in my camera bag, are easily labelled on the sides to show what filter is in which case and the plastic used is very durable.

5. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I was ok with them too when I used 52mm filters, but boxes for 58mm are way too big - 90x90mm

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I use 77mm filters. :biggrin:

Mind you, the filter boxes come in all sizes, I have them down to 60mm square.