Singing in the Rain (M.Zuiko 9-18mm)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, May 21, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    A bit of rain and a night shot. Testing the Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens for flare. I am very impressed as flare is fairly well controlled and every other lens I have would have made a mess of this shot. Now what a dumb place to put a floodlight...

This is the Sydney Opera House and as you note, it has been a tad wet.

Taken with my trusty Olympus E-P1. This is a 15 second exposure at f/10 and ISO100. The lens is set to 9mm.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Nice shot.

Interestingly though, the flare, from both the big flood light on the right, and the street light on the left..both go to the right. Curious if fog or high humidity caused this.

3. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    That light would have been placed by a lighting consultant, an expert in his field. Someone said, 'well, let's get as much light out on the deck as possible'... and aside from putting up a post, this was the next best thing....

Bin there (Shanghai, 2001), not dun that.

Bokeh D

4. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    The perspective put on The House is more than refreshing. I am so sick of seeing the same images of this thing time after time, and here you have piqued my interest once again.

Thank you,

Bokeh D

• Like Like x 1
  5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    There were rain showers on and off all day ranging from heavy to drizzle. This was during a brief 'dry' period so a lot of moisture in the air.