Singing in the Rain (M.Zuiko 9-18mm)

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
A bit of rain and a night shot. Testing the Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens for flare. I am very impressed as flare is fairly well controlled and every other lens I have would have made a mess of this shot. Now what a dumb place to put a floodlight...

This is the Sydney Opera House and as you note, it has been a tad wet.

Taken with my trusty Olympus E-P1. This is a 15 second exposure at f/10 and ISO100. The lens is set to 9mm.

Attachments

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
Nice shot.

Interestingly though, the flare, from both the big flood light on the right, and the street light on the left..both go to the right. Curious if fog or high humidity caused this.

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
That light would have been placed by a lighting consultant, an expert in his field. Someone said, 'well, let's get as much light out on the deck as possible'... and aside from putting up a post, this was the next best thing....

Bin there (Shanghai, 2001), not dun that.

Bokeh D

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The perspective put on The House is more than refreshing. I am so sick of seeing the same images of this thing time after time, and here you have piqued my interest once again.

Thank you,

Bokeh D

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom