1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Singapore Marina

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Glenn S, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    I like this, any thoughts?

P1030608.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I like it, too - that is quite the set of buildings with what looks like a ship on top! I think having the two people talking in the foreground adds to the image, as well.

I wonder if it might be possible to bring down the light that emits from some of the lamps down below? There's a bit of a hazy quality which could be do to the humidity, etc. This may very well not be possible with the exposure. Is this a place that you can get back to easily for more photos? It looks as though you could spend nights and days there if you had the time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks for the comments, is this any better? Sadly I'm 6,000 miles from there now. It's not a boat on top of the buildings but believe it or not it's a garden!

P1030608a.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glenn, I do think this one is much better! Although you're losing some details in the foreground I think that's OK because now the buildings and all that's behind the two friends talking stand out much better. It's an incredible sight - and what an amazing garden that must be! I don't think I'd want to look over the edge, however.:eek:

I hope some others will give their feedback. If you wanted to we could move this into Image Works where helpful critiquing is more the norm and encouraged. I'm sure those who are much more post processing software savvy than I would have suggestions - if you wanted them. Let me know, I can easily move the thread for you.

Meanwhile - this is one stunning scene you've managed to photograph quite well I think. I bet it could be a great print, too.:thumbup:

P.S. Must have been a fantastic trip/visit!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks for taking the time to give me your comments. I think I'll just print it and see what it looks like at 10 x 8, it was just a quick capture as I passed, and yes, it was a great trip. Thanks again for your time.

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Great shot Glenn! Garden on top? I assumed a terrace... Thanks for sharing.