Sin City look?

Kwekwe

Mu-43 Regular
Hi folks. Recently dove in and got GF3 and a G5, any tweaks for monochrome look ala Sin City? The random color bits not needed but that high contrast monochromatic look is delicious. Thanks folks. Currently loving my Olympus 17mm and the 14-42mm kit lens

robbie36

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
rob collins
About a year ago I did this which is vaguely Sin City...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As far as processing there really isnt much more than adding gob loads of contrast and structure (clarity). I guess I would have done this mostly through levels adjustment in PS but it would also be easy to do it in Silver Efex or through several passes through LR. I remember I also generated an inverted outline for the gun on the basis that it turned totally black with lots of contrast.

Kwekwe

Mu-43 Regular
Was trying to avoid processing in Final Cut Pro X . Was hoping I could get close to that high contrast monochrome look in camera. Could be worse ;) thanks

Kwekwe

Mu-43 Regular
would love to get this look as an in camera effect. This was done using Comic Life on my iPad

Original picture

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom