1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Simplicity......

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by cutypuppy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. cutypuppy

cutypuppy New to Mu-43

Nov 30, 2011
    Newly start to take some gal portrait photo, try to make the photo look simple, so not much backgroup.

first time take BW photo, C&C welcome for further improvement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All photo taken by my new toys....e-P1 + 17mm f2.8 without flash.

2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Very nice job, especially if this is your first try at B&W. Keep them coming... and welcome to mu-43.com!

3. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    My only CC would be to be careful about cutting off the top of the head, unless you're meaning to do so. Otherwise, very cool!

4. cutypuppy

cutypuppy New to Mu-43

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks for compliment, yeah, this is the first try, will try more on B&W or Portrait if my wife got time...:biggrin:

5. cutypuppy

cutypuppy New to Mu-43

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks for comment, those photo is purposely composition in this way to cut off the top of the head, just to try something new of framing the image.

6. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    I'm no expert - but I would look for the light sources available and the direction onto/around your subject. It's easy to take heaps of pics to get it right, but try repositioning your subject in a relaxed pose sitting near a window (or other light source) and work with the light source coming from behind you on either side.

I'd say the third shot probably shows this the best for me, and doesn't look too posed. :)

7. cutypuppy

cutypuppy New to Mu-43

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks for you comment, will take note on that which this is 1 of my weakness as well....:cool: