1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Simple Way to Reset Review Zoom on EM5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by atnbirdie, Apr 18, 2013.

1. atnbirdie

atnbirdie Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2013
    Maryland
    Is there a simple way to reset the zoom to normal view when you've zoomed in on an image during playback/review of still images? I know I can zoom in/out with the main dial, but if I quickly want to return to normal zoom I often overshoot and go into multi-image displays. Anyone know of a single button to reset review zoom level to normal? I can't find anything referring to this in the manual.

2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    At least on Panasonics, hitting the delete button, and then canceling that will bring you back to regular mode.

3. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

Haven't really look into it, but i am sure you can use half shutter, then play back button. In fact, half shutter would cancel anything and get you to the shooting mode

4. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    Quickest way would be slider via the touchscreen. Since I'm not a fan of touch controls on a camera for stills I switched off touch focus and release, to have it work only in SCP and playback where it actually makes sense.

5. atnbirdie

atnbirdie Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2013
    Maryland
    Figured it out!

Once I zoom in on an image in preview, if I give a quick double press of the Fn1 button it returns the same image to its non-zoomed state. Easier than using the touch screen (which I usually don't) and will work when wearing gloves. FYI, the first push makes the (green) zoom level and directional arrows disappear; the second resets the zoom to 1x.

Thanks for the replies.