Simple Way to Reset Review Zoom on EM5?

atnbirdie

Mu-43 Regular
Is there a simple way to reset the zoom to normal view when you've zoomed in on an image during playback/review of still images? I know I can zoom in/out with the main dial, but if I quickly want to return to normal zoom I often overshoot and go into multi-image displays. Anyone know of a single button to reset review zoom level to normal? I can't find anything referring to this in the manual.

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
At least on Panasonics, hitting the delete button, and then canceling that will bring you back to regular mode.

LowTEC

Mu-43 Regular
Haven't really look into it, but i am sure you can use half shutter, then play back button. In fact, half shutter would cancel anything and get you to the shooting mode

phl0wtography

Mu-43 Veteran
Quickest way would be slider via the touchscreen. Since I'm not a fan of touch controls on a camera for stills I switched off touch focus and release, to have it work only in SCP and playback where it actually makes sense.

atnbirdie

Mu-43 Regular
Figured it out!

Once I zoom in on an image in preview, if I give a quick double press of the Fn1 button it returns the same image to its non-zoomed state. Easier than using the touch screen (which I usually don't) and will work when wearing gloves. FYI, the first push makes the (green) zoom level and directional arrows disappear; the second resets the zoom to 1x.

Thanks for the replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom