Simple & intuitive post video editor

Qynx

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,
Anyone got a recommendation for a simple video editor? Things I'd like to do with my 4k video I'm shooting with the GX85 are:

1) Downscale to 1080p
2) Add title at the start/end
3) Merge videos with some transition effect between the videos

I tried to Adobe Primer but it seems like a more PRO product with lots of feature I don't need or use and I find it hard to understand how it works.

I am a Windows user.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
I've only done one video, but used Movie Maker (think it's part of windows...I forget). Does those basic things and was pretty easy to use. I came here looking for other ideas too. Did you find a product you like yet? I wrote a few down I saw on youtube, but my list is at my office.

tkbslc

Super Moderator
I use Serif Movie Plus, which I have found pretty nice, but I don't think it can output in 4k, so probably not the best choice for you.

Adobe makes a consumer level version of Premiere called Premiere Elements. Also, Sony Vegas (division recently sold to Magix) comes in several versions from $50 to $500 depending on your needs. And finally Corel Video Studio is pretty good and often very cheap. I would try demos of those 3 and I bet all meet your needs just fine.

Fran Guidry

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Fran Guidry
I've just whipped up a little demo of a simple edit in Shotcut Shotcut - Home I'll have a blog post up in a day or two and a demo video up on YouTube.

Titling is a bit tweaky and there is no keyframe capability but it's free, handles 4K, mixes formats if needed. My laptop is a few years old and a powerhouse, but Shotcut did a nice job of playing back from the timeline.

Fran

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom