1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Silver VF-2 on a black E-PL5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kgeissler, Dec 27, 2012.

1. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    Does anyone have this combination? If so, how does it look? I found a good deal on Craigslist for a silver VF-2, but my E-PL5 is black. I don't want it to look to stupid, so I am debating on whether to buy it. If you have this combo, can you post a pic so I can see what it looks like?

2. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    Looks pretty good. Thanks got posting the pic. I guess I will pick up the vf-2, it was only $160, new in the box.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The VF-2 isn't a favorable fashion statement under the best of circumstances. :redface: I have the same combo as RT, however, and it works really well.

4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    My only issue with the silver VF-2 is that it's easier to scratch up.

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Spray paint over the silver!:eek: 

OK maybe not but you could use some of that vinyl wrap or camera leatherette and cover it or part of it.

One thing I will say is that the VF-2 is one great little accessory! If you wear glasses get the big eyecup to prevent sunlight spill at certain angles. I love my VF to death and am looking at getting a second one for my other body.

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    After Labor Day, the VF-2 is good, but silver is out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    Got my VF-2 and all I can say is WOW! What a difference it makes. Everything is so much easier to see rather than using the LCD. Especially with my eyes not being as good as they use to be. :) 

8. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Being at the far end of the 50's, I find that itty-bitty screen something of a problem. The VF-2 has more accurate colors and helps stabilize the camera when holding it up to your face.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.