Silver VF-2 on a black E-PL5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kgeissler, Dec 27, 2012.

1. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    Does anyone have this combination? If so, how does it look? I found a good deal on Craigslist for a silver VF-2, but my E-PL5 is black. I don't want it to look to stupid, so I am debating on whether to buy it. If you have this combo, can you post a pic so I can see what it looks like?
  2. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    Looks pretty good. Thanks got posting the pic. I guess I will pick up the vf-2, it was only $160, new in the box.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    The VF-2 isn't a favorable fashion statement under the best of circumstances. :redface: I have the same combo as RT, however, and it works really well.
  4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    My only issue with the silver VF-2 is that it's easier to scratch up.
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Spray paint over the silver!:eek:

OK maybe not but you could use some of that vinyl wrap or camera leatherette and cover it or part of it.

One thing I will say is that the VF-2 is one great little accessory! If you wear glasses get the big eyecup to prevent sunlight spill at certain angles. I love my VF to death and am looking at getting a second one for my other body.
  6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    After Labor Day, the VF-2 is good, but silver is out.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    Got my VF-2 and all I can say is WOW! What a difference it makes. Everything is so much easier to see rather than using the LCD. Especially with my eyes not being as good as they use to be. :)
  8. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Being at the far end of the 50's, I find that itty-bitty screen something of a problem. The VF-2 has more accurate colors and helps stabilize the camera when holding it up to your face.