Silver Metal Lens Hood for Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f/1.8 Lens $26.99 direct from Rainbowimag

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Joe_B, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    I have had good luck with other products from RainbowImaging so I emailed and asked about ordering the hood that they sell on Amazon directly from them:

"Amazon.com: Rainbowimaging Silver Metal Lens Hood for Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f/1.8 Lens, 100% replaces Olympus LH-61F: Camera & Photo" - $39.99

This hood had not been on their Site before today. They added a page for it and sent me an email message back with the link.

Olympus LH-61F Lens hood, Olympus, M.Zuiko ED 75mm F1.8 Lens - $26.99 and free USPS shipping from New York for orders over $15.00

Rainbowimaging takes payment via PayPal or Google Checkout.

I asked and they do not sell a cap for the hood like the one that Olympus sells for the Olympus hood for the 75mm f/1.8.

When I inquired about a replacement lens hood for the Olympus LH-48B Lens Hood for the 17mm f/1.8 the response was to "please wait a while."

• Like Like x 3
  2. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    FWIW, I'm selling one of the metal caps Olympus sells for the 75mm. It does not work with the Olympus hood attached or reversed. It's really a decorative piece for those without the hood. Assuming this hood has the same outside diameter as the genuine hood that is.

3. Rrexy

Rrexy Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2013
    Belcamp, MD
    Randy
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    I ordered one Monday - thought I would give it a look.

Randy

4. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    It's the JJC Lens Hood - Great Price - Fits well!

I just got mine in the mail. It's the JJC Lens Hood that you can find on eBay for $30 and up. It was the best price I've seen for a reversible aftermarket copy of the Olympus lens hood. I have ordered other items from RainbowImaging and they have always been quick to ship and packaged well.

5. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    I have bought several small items from RainbowImaging and they are great.

Lee

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rrexy

Rrexy Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2013
    Belcamp, MD
    Randy
    Received mine a few days after ordering -
    Looks great!

Randy