Silver Finish on Olympus Bodies?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by edwardconde, Jan 20, 2014.

1. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Anyone know how the silver finish holds up on the Oly bodies? I am looking to get a new body EM5 or EP5 and have been considering a silver body. My black one has some worn marks so just wondering I the silver is the same.
  2. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    I think it wears about the same. I have some paint rubbed off on the EVF hump on the edges after a couple of years. though I have very little wear on the paint in general.
  3. SFW

SFW Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 6, 2012
    Calgary, Canada
    Stephen F. Winsor
    My E-M5 has held up very well with no marks on the silver areas other than light scuffs. Of course, under that silver finish is a magnesium alloy body which is not dissimilar in colour so I think damage would be less noticeable than on a black body.
  4. Rallyroo

Rallyroo Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    I wish the E-M1 came in silver, but Olympus only offers it in black.
  5. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    The silver finish will show scratches more than the black, but the black will go shiny on the corners. Choose your poison!
  6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Just do like Kai from Digital Rev and paint it pink!

7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
  8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nikon starting to do colors on their bodies too. The "1" line has had them from the start and now the 3000 and 5000 series come in colors other than black. At least they are mild in comparison to Pentax but still.

I do like this custom paint job that some guy did to his gear. Not sure I would be brave enough to do it though.