1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Silver EP3 availability

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by WT21, Jul 26, 2011.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I ordered a silver EP3 from Oly direct. I was called today, to be informed they are on back-order (I had already contacted customer support, as I never got a ship notice). I begged, and they found one for me, but it seems the silver is the most popular color (or they simply didn't produce enough), as they first offered black and white as still in stock.

Just thought I'd let you know -- if you are on the fence on silver, and you have an in-stock source, you might want to pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

It did make me double-clutch on the white, though. That's a sweet looking camera. But I'm going with silver, because my EP1 is silver and maybe my wife won't notice the new camera :biggrin:

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    :rofl:

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Good plan, WT21! :D

4. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Ah, boys and their toys... what can we say? It's a genetic thing! :tongue:

I'm holding out for the silver E-P3 too... haven't heard a peep yet from my BH pre-order. Odds are Olympus made a truckload of black E-P3s.

Not a fan of matte black, so the black E-P3 was never a contender for me. :smile:

5. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    when did you order? maybe i should call too as I haven't got a ship notice as well. I ordered the silver one on 7/23.

6. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010

Does that actually work? Sheesh...what didn't I ever think of that? :eek:

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It definitely wouldn't work for me. My wife has an uncanny ability to know when money has left our bank. It's instinctive and seems to be immediate :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. starlabs

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I ordered mine on 7/1... got charged for it too! (They've since changed their policy but that didn't help me - not going through BH again).

Going to have to wait patiently, as far as I know no one has gotten the silver E-P3 yet, at least through retailers. Some may have been able to get it directly from Olympus though...

9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Do you mean from B&H or from Olympus directly?

10. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Good luck with that! :smile:
    My previous gf had the habit of pointing out something I've had for years, and declaring it a new frivolous purchase.

Here's to being excited about the silver-body. Not as incognito when traveling, but I've always loved the more retro look of the EP-1.

11. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    oops. I mean that ques for WT21 who ordered from olympus website.

12. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Yes, I ordered mine this past weekend too. Maybe you got your order in before I did?

13. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    just called. i guess my order didn't go thru either. it's in backordered. sux. they expect new batch on aug. :frown:

14. rkelac

rkelac Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    They are not too quick on updating their web site or sending messages on the status of an order. Called and got the FEDEX tracking number on a white E-P3 that I ordered this weekend.

I wonder why they are giving 10% off if they are in short supply.

15. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    now i'm debating.....am i ok with black?.... i guess i'll wait a bit for a silver.

16. kbr

kbr New to Mu-43

Jun 22, 2011
    I ordered the silver E-P3 from the Olympus store this past Saturday morning at 1:00AM ET. They processed it Monday and I received it today (expedited shipping).

So I guess there is a benefit to being up in the middle of the night, rocking a newborn back to sleep.

BTW - I paid with paypal and had no issues.

17. starlabs

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The silver E-P3 is available in the Olympus store again! And the reg8855 coupon still works!

Just ordered mine; been waiting forever with the BH Photo preorder - will be cancelling that.

18. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    just checked my order from 7/23 (in which they sold out). they said they would ship mine on fri. sweet!!!

19. kfc.android

kfc.android New to Mu-43

Aug 4, 2011
    Thanks bro, just use the code and get a silver one:smile:
    Luckily I saw this thread, otherwise I gonna keep waiting since either Adorama, Ritz or B&H don't have it in stock.

20. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    I just ordered mine too....Anyone looking for a brand new unused GF2 (silver)?:wink: