1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Silver Efex 2 and a pruned tree

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by digitalandfilm, Jan 23, 2013.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/88068576@N08/8409316020/" title="P1000003-Edit.jpg by omdandom2n, on Flickr"> 8409316020_61d82052e5_b. "1024" height="733" alt="P1000003-Edit.jpg"></a>

• Like Like x 6
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I like it! It really draws attention to newly inflicted "wounds" and gives a sense of the tree as a living organism. The only feedback I would provide is that a few of the cut sites (e.g. those in the upper left) appear to have missed the treatment, which gives a bit of a haphazard quality.

3. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Maybe it is due to the sizing on my monitor, but not sure the right adds much to the picture. Just seems overly busy compared to the "action" part of the shot, especially since the cuts seem to draw your eye to the upper right (following angle of cuts). Otherwise very cool effect going on!

4. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    Those were previously pruned and were dark.

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    My bad. I was kinda thinking that might be the case, but at least of couple of them look very fresh. Can I ask what your process was?

6. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    I import the photo like normal, and use Huelight presets. Get it to where I like it in LR4.3, and then import it into Silver Efex Pro. Usually, the presets in Silver Efex are chosen.. #004 Preset (High Structure Harsh) and the Yellow or Red filter, Selenium Toning, and the round Control Point's with the bottom option "SC" slid over towards the max. You can also link the control points, I do when there are several areas of SC.

Also- 1 cup of Starbucks, flavored to taste as well. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1