Silver 15mm f/1.7 (UK)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Levster, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

• Like Like x 1
  2. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    Well... out of stock. :-(

3. Levster

Ah, shame, I couldn't believe the price when I saw it! I'm due to buy a black one tomorrow from a user on here for considerably more than £250! I do prefer black lenses though so the premium is worth it.

4. sdb123

sdb123 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 25, 2014
    Northants, UK
    Steve
    I signed up for stock alerts and it's back in stock. Have placed an order and it's gone through at the reduced price. Let's see if they despatch.

5. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    I guess it's only a matter of time until we see 'stripped from kit' 15's on offer.

6. Levster

Now showing as in stock.

7. rparmar

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    I was going to buy this until I researched the lens. Olympus cameras don't recognise the aperture ring. Twice the size of the Panasonic Leica 14mm I already own, but does not have the same peak sharpness. Doesn't focus quite as close either. Accessory ring must be removed before fitting the lens hood, which does not reverse for storage -- a pain!

On the up-side it has better edge sharpness. And of course it is faster, though for me that doesn't matter as much in this FOV.

Trump card: I found the 14mm for £90.

Just some points of information!

• Like Like x 1
  8. sdb123

sdb123 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 25, 2014
    Northants, UK
    Steve
    Fair points...just for clarity though the 14mm Panasonic is not Leica branded as you mention. :)

I'll be happy if my order goes through as I've kind of convinced myself for a 15mm/42.5mm combo....maybe with the 75mm to round things off. We'll see!

9. Levster

I picked up my black 15mm today from another member on this forum. I took it for a spin round Arundel and I'm very impressed! The fact that you need to remove a ring to put on the lens hood is irrelevant in my opinion, the lens hood includes a rubber end cap so you need never remove the hood!

10. sdb123

sdb123 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 25, 2014
    Northants, UK
    Steve
    I always leave lens hoods on....so thanks for the heads up. Glad you like your new lens. :)

11. rparmar

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    Good point about the lens hood. And at least this comes with all the necessaries. Unlike the annoying Olympus policy of selling hoods separately.

12. sdb123

sdb123 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 25, 2014
    Northants, UK
    Steve
    Received my lens this morning...fantastic - especially for the price I got it for!

Many thanks to the OP for the heads up. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  13. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    Wish there was a USA deal like this... totally itching to grab this lens :(