SILKYPIX Developer Studio Pro9 for Panasonic - $40

I've tried the freebie versions they give out with a Panny. Is the paid one any better? I don't care for the controls and the way you interface.
I think the paid one offers more controls. I suggest walking through the tutorial that was posted on this forum (see link above). The interface is different from what people are used to (e.g., LR, PS, etc.) but that is not always a bad thing. They do offer a 30 day free trial. Why not try it out for 30 days and use the tutorial?

I figured for $40, what the heck.

Brownie

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Tim
I just don't want to waste a lot of time on something that won't get use. My experience is that in order to learn these programs you have to immerse yourself. Hitting at it part time doesn't do it justice.

I've gone through Speedy's post before and followed along. The program feels kind of generic, like click a button and it automates the task. That's probably unfair since the time spent so far is as described, I've poked at it and stopped. I might download it and see if it looks any different. $40 is a good price, but only if it gets used. If not then I'm simply out $40.

I just don't want to waste a lot of time on something that won't get use. My experience is that in order to learn these programs you have to immerse yourself. Hitting at it part time doesn't do it justice.

I've gone through Speedy's post before and followed along. The program feels kind of generic, like click a button and it automates the task. That's probably unfair since the time spent so far is as described, I've poked at it and stopped. I might download it and see if it looks any different. $40 is a good price, but only if it gets used. If not then I'm simply out $40.
Don't bother then. Clearly, this post was not meant for you. I'm just posting deals that may be of interest to some forum members. If you are interested, take advantage, if you are not then don't.

Brownie

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Don't bother then. Clearly, this post was not meant for you. I'm just posting deals that may be of interest to some forum members. If you are interested, take advantage, if you are not then don't.
Fair enough. I was hoping that conversation and questions might yield new information. I guess not.

Top Bottom