1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Silk Mill Reverie

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by entropicremnants, May 15, 2013.

1. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    The last silk mill in the US stands in Lonaconing, Maryland. It feels like something that died before it's time.

I'm still working on doing short videos with a feeling. I have just set up my midi music studio again and I'm getting back into composing and performing mood pieces for my hybrid videos.

So on this one, I also composed and performed the simple piano theme. There's no animation here, just a simple musical theme and picture show... but I think/hope it works.

My chops on keyboard were never good, so this is still a bit rough. I hope to improve these as I go along, but not over produce them.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIlcvZt5Us]Silk Mill Reverie - YouTube[/ame]

2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Excellent. It's very sad to see the empty mill, another poignant symbol of the demise of American manufacturing.

3. Thanks.

Old silk mill photos take me back to Paterson, NJ. My mother worked as a weaver in a mill there during the 1920s-early 30s.

4. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I've done a new edit of this, and linked it in the original post. Basically I finally figured out how to properly do the pans over a still photo, I fixed some soundtrack issues, and changed the transitions. It's better.