Silent vs Anti-Shock shutter settings

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
The instructions I've seen when googling "how to get shutter count" always seem to say "do this at your own risk". Is there a danger of messing up the camera if one makes a mistake trying to get the shutter count? Thanks.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The instructions I've seen when googling "how to get shutter count" always seem to say "do this at your own risk". Is there a danger of messing up the camera if one makes a mistake trying to get the shutter count? Thanks.
I know it's OK to do what I documented above.
There may be secret settings which can cause damage. I seem to remember there may be a secret way to change the native country of the camera, so that, for example, it would start up in Korean. This was to allow the identical cameras off the production line to be made different.
And there is probably a way for them to reset the damage log. And a way to tell the camera a new shutter has been installed.

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
I know it's OK to do what I documented above.
There may be secret settings which can cause damage. I seem to remember there may be a secret way to change the native country of the camera, so that, for example, it would start up in Korean. This was to allow the identical cameras off the production line to be made different.
And there is probably a way for them to reset the damage log. And a way to tell the camera a new shutter has been installed.
Thank you: I wasn't doubting your instructions. I was wondering if I could cause damage by making a mistake in one of the steps.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thank you: I wasn't doubting your instructions. I was wondering if I could cause damage by making a mistake in one of the steps.
I have never heard of that happening. I very much doubt they would have allowed a simple mistake to cause damage.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thank you. That is very helpful as it gives the meaning of more of the entries. There are some in my display that are not included in the list - MS, B and L.
MS = Mechanical Shutter
B = Number of shutter presses when IBIS is on

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom