Silent mode no longer silent OMD 1.2

Imjinman

Mu-43 Regular
Hi- re OMD 1.2

I took some pictures today in Low (and High) silent mode but I am now getting a shutter type of sound (albeit but still not nearly as noisy as in mechanical mode).

Anybody know what this is?

Cheers

Blane

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Hi- re OMD 1.2

I took some pictures today in Low (and High) silent mode but I am now getting a shutter type of sound (albeit but still not nearly as noisy as in mechanical mode).

Anybody know what this is?

Cheers

Blane
What lens? Are you stopping down? The lens focusses wide open but has to stop down to the desired aperture for capture. Some lenses have noiser aperture blades than others. My old PL 25mm f/1.4 was the loudest.

Imjinman

Mu-43 Regular
Aaaah! Thank you. I was using my 45mm 1.8 and it mad eth noise. Just switched to my 12-100 and all's good. Never picked up on that in all my years of owning that 45mm lens

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I clearly hear it in some of my lenses like the Panasonic 14mm f/2.5, which has a particularly loud (and I want to say slow) aperture mechanism. On another lens like the Sigma 56mm f/1.4 I can actually feel the aperture engaging if I stop it down far enough and preview it, the Olympus 75mm f/1.8 is also a contender given that it has a fairly large aperture just like the Sigma.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom