1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Silent mode no longer silent OMD 1.2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Imjinman, May 19, 2019.

1. Imjinman

Imjinman Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Sydney
    Hi- re OMD 1.2

I took some pictures today in Low (and High) silent mode but I am now getting a shutter type of sound (albeit but still not nearly as noisy as in mechanical mode).

Anybody know what this is?

Cheers

Blane

2. What lens? Are you stopping down? The lens focusses wide open but has to stop down to the desired aperture for capture. Some lenses have noiser aperture blades than others. My old PL 25mm f/1.4 was the loudest.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Imjinman

Sep 22, 2011
    Sydney
    Aaaah! Thank you. I was using my 45mm 1.8 and it mad eth noise. Just switched to my 12-100 and all's good. Never picked up on that in all my years of owning that 45mm lens

4. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 31, 2013
    I clearly hear it in some of my lenses like the Panasonic 14mm f/2.5, which has a particularly loud (and I want to say slow) aperture mechanism. On another lens like the Sigma 56mm f/1.4 I can actually feel the aperture engaging if I stop it down far enough and preview it, the Olympus 75mm f/1.8 is also a contender given that it has a fairly large aperture just like the Sigma.

5. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Nov 26, 2011
    I hear it in my 45 1.8

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Imjinman

Sep 22, 2011
    Sydney
    Thanks all for giving me peace of mind

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.