Silent Film - Assumptions Killed Her Love

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by jasonkkchan, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jasonkkchan

jasonkkchan New to Mu-43

Dec 28, 2011
    Singapore
    Hi all, just wanted to share my latest silent short film. It was shot on the gh2 (unhacked). Though I do like the hack - sometimes I hack it back because the compressed format is just easier on my hard drives! Anyway, though I have lots to learn about camera work and lighting I'm really happy with the gh2 images so far.

Lenses used: panasonic 14mm pancake, Konica 40mm f1.8, pentax 25mm c-mount 1.4 (my favourite lens).

I played and scored the music on Garage Band using a MIDI keyboard. Really easy way to score a film! I'm sure others know about this - but it was a new discovery to me.

Anyway - enjoy and please let me know what you think. I'm still pretty new to color grading so any hints would be most welcome!

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAd3F3jJlDI]Assumptions Killed My Love - Silent Short Film - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 3
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    A different vector/approach here but I like! :cool:

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Very good my friend but sounds like a Bollywood mini movie hahhaah
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    i was expecting to see more of a b&w or some color-monotone, but still came out nice ... love the score :thumbup:

5. jasonkkchan

jasonkkchan New to Mu-43

Dec 28, 2011
    Singapore
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah - I was intending to do some monotone grading - but I realized it wasn't period so I thought "what the heck" lets do a modern silent film.

rhoydotp - glad you liked the score! Took the longest to settle on. So much of the music out there is extremely corporate if you know what I mean.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.