1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Silent Film - Assumptions Killed Her Love

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by jasonkkchan, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jasonkkchan

jasonkkchan New to Mu-43

Dec 28, 2011
    Singapore
    Hi all, just wanted to share my latest silent short film. It was shot on the gh2 (unhacked). Though I do like the hack - sometimes I hack it back because the compressed format is just easier on my hard drives! Anyway, though I have lots to learn about camera work and lighting I'm really happy with the gh2 images so far.

Lenses used: panasonic 14mm pancake, Konica 40mm f1.8, pentax 25mm c-mount 1.4 (my favourite lens).

I played and scored the music on Garage Band using a MIDI keyboard. Really easy way to score a film! I'm sure others know about this - but it was a new discovery to me.

Anyway - enjoy and please let me know what you think. I'm still pretty new to color grading so any hints would be most welcome!

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAd3F3jJlDI]Assumptions Killed My Love - Silent Short Film - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 3
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    A different vector/approach here but I like! :cool:

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very good my friend but sounds like a Bollywood mini movie hahhaah
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    i was expecting to see more of a b&w or some color-monotone, but still came out nice ... love the score :thumbup:

5. jasonkkchan

jasonkkchan New to Mu-43

Dec 28, 2011
    Singapore
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah - I was intending to do some monotone grading - but I realized it wasn't period so I thought "what the heck" lets do a modern silent film.

rhoydotp - glad you liked the score! Took the longest to settle on. So much of the music out there is extremely corporate if you know what I mean.