Sign of the Times

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Joltinjess, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Joltinjess

Joltinjess Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Port Moody, BC
    The local continuing education just sent out their quarterly flyer. The classes range from english and math to watercolour painting. This quarter there were no photography classes but 2 photoshop classes. I don't know if the classes are driven by request, but it just gives me that feeling that most people want to take the easy road. Like "I don't want to learn to take better pictures, I want to learn how to fix them afterwards." Don't get me wrong I understand the value of post processing but for me its for little things like cropping and small adjustments.
  2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

As a teacher of Photoshop{I teach a class twice a year for members of the church where I work}, I take a little exception to your thinking. Photoshop is for much much more than just fixing problems.

I do however think basic and even advanced photography classes are also a good thing.
  3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    So a friend of mine who is a photographer.......His wife has her own business which is strictly image post-processing - and she doesn't touch any cameras herself.

So from this perspective, what you've mentioned course wise about Photoshop does make some bit of sense. :smile: