1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sigma Refurb 150mm Macro in 4/3 mount - $439

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by tkbslc, Dec 17, 2015.

1. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

THis is a pretty hard lens to find. Sigma has some 4/3 (they call it Olympus) mount refurb 150mm macro lenses on sale for $439. Great price for what it is, but you'll need a 4/3 -> m4/3 adapter to use it.

150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Refurbished

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That looks like a good buy to me! While the Oly 60mm macro lens is great the extra focal length of the Sigma 150mm macro lens is also very useful & I still have & use mine (occasionally). Being a HSM AF drive it can be reasonably quick to focus for telephoto use (static subjects only) but can take longer to lock on for macro use if there is any (body or subject) movement. This lens is really only suitable on the Olympus E-M1 for AF (with sufficient contrasting detail) as the others won't get AF properly & is then only usable in MF for them. It's not exactly light in weight either, but still worth having.

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yes, it does have a more specialized appeal. But since I know they are hard to find, even used, I thought I'd pass it on. It's coming right from Sigma, too.

4. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That bit I like too & yes they are hard to find because most of us that own one are not parting with them too often.